Dark Magic

Westview was in complete darkness, engulfed by the night. Kat wondered for what felt like hours, until she finally saw a red glow emanating from a window.

She ran towards the house but before her fist could collide with the door she was sucked into the house, like a cartoon character into another dimension.

She fell onto her stomach, a sharp stinging ran up her wrists as her hands collided with solid cold concrete to break her fall.

"Well it's about time." A rich female voice sang from the opposite side of the room.

A woman with dark brown matted hair and a purple ensemble stepped out from behind a pillar. In her arms sat a white bunny, looking innocent and cute until a fly flew by and the bunny's razor sharp demonic tongue flew out and gobbled it up.

Kat's eyes were wide, her green powers swirled around in her pupils as she tried not to freak out. She had dealt with so many dangerous beings that this simple woman shouldn't be a problem, but her mind was telling her to run. To get out. Get as far away from this stranger as possible.

"Oh don't look so startled, dear." The woman stepped closer, her eyes lighting up a vibrant shade of purple. "The names Agatha Harkness. I believe the twin's warned you about me."

Kat pulled herself to her feet, slowly. Watching the woman carefully, as she did so. Agatha placed the bunny on the side and folded her arms.

"Where is my sister?" Katerina asked sternly.

"WhEre Is mY Seester!" Agatha mocked Kat's Sokovian accent with a hearty chuckle. "You sound just like her!"

"Where is she!" Kat raised her hand and sent a green orb flying passed Agatha. It hit one of her shelves and sent viles of potions onto the floor, glass smashing and liquid oozing.

Agatha's amused look fell from her face and was replaced with a serious expression. Her lips formed a straight line as she examined the young woman.

Kat wasn't dumb. She could feel Agatha's powers all around her, she saw the runes etched into the walls when she looked up. But she had experience with the fae and she learned a thing or two about trickery and illusion. Not to mention Loki always drilled the importance of slight of hand and loopholes.

A quick alteration spell meant those the runes could be change. Kat added a few extra lines to the design and suddenly, they were her runs, with her intentions. And Agatha's magic was rendered useless.

Agatha raised her hands, her wrists nestled together as she tried to form a power ball. She whispered an incantation and shot her hands out.

Kat furrowed her brows and looked around. "Was that supposed to be scary? Nothing happened." She shrugged.

Agatha searched the room with frantic eyes. When she saw her runes had been changed, she laughed. Wickedly. "You baby witch! You believe you have tricked me."

Agatha ran at Kat unexpectedly, tackling her to the ground. Agatha put her hands on the side of Kat's face and before the younger woman could react, her mind went black.

She was floating in a space that was pitch black. No light. So shapes. Just her and Agatha.

Agatha was floating opposite her. They were both conscious but they were not in her basement anymore. They weren't on Earth either.

"Where are we projecting?" Kat asked.

Agatha shrugged. "This is your subconscious. Since I couldn't use my magic, I used yours. But you're so closed off? You brought us both here."

Kat shrugged. "You seem interested. Take a look around. You don't have access to me the way you do Wanda."

Agatha chuckled. "No. I don't. But you're sister is capable of incredible things. She is more powerful than you, that makes you useless to me."