Chapter sixteen: Callisto

The avengers stopped cautiously in front of the alien spacecraft as the door slowly opened and a person in a black cape walked out.

He was followed by two people walking behind him. He carried a sceptre like staff and was clearly the leader of whatever creatures had attacked the city.

The figure stopped five metres before us before taking down his hood to reveal his face. He had a grey face with piercing black eyes, gaunt cheek bones and purple veins running up his cheeks and gathering under his deep set eyes.

'People of Earth. We are here to reclaim what is ours. Return the Callisto Gem to us and we shall promptly leave, causing no more harm to your planet.'

Steve stepped forward to address the guy only to have Thor step in front of him. 'What is this Gem you speak of?'

'Ah Thor, Son of Odin.' The man smirked. 'Step forward, Son.' Thor stepped forward. 'I am Caliban of Callisto, Jupiter's finest moon. I suppose you've heard of me and my people.'

'I have. You possess quite the reputation on Asgard. Did you try and kill my father like a million years ago?' Thor sarcastically quipped.

Caliban smirked evilly and nodded. 'That I did. But I was unsuccessful due to that army of yours, quite the forceful bunch. Now back to the matter at hand. Give us the Callisto Gem and we shall be on our way.'

'Give it over or I shall take it.' The women stepped forward, pointing a black, sharp staff at the god of thunder.

'What are you?' Thor asked as he noted her appearance. She was wearing a catsuit similar to Natasha's widow suit, except it was laced with purple veining and she was wearing a black lace cape. Her face adorned a black mask made from lace that covered her eyes and filtered back into her belong black hair that flowered down to her hips.

She gave Thor a dirty look for his rude remark before answering. 'I am Norvina, warrior of Callisto. This is my brother, Rigel.'

The boy stepped forward, dressed in a black suit. The same purple veining up his arms and jet black hair down to his shoulders with purple streaks. He was an attractive, just like the girl. They both had an air of beauty and a look that screamed death.

'Why do you think we have this Gem?' Tony asked now that his face was uncovered. 'How do you know I haven't space eBay-d it?'

'Because my children have a connection to the Gem. She draws her power from it and the she has grown stronger since travelling to Earth.'

'Since standing here.' She looked at Katerina with a glare. 'Since standing opposite that one i can feel the Gem aiding my power.' The girl held her hands out in front of her a glowing green orbs lifted out of her palms.

She threw the orbs at Katerina only to have the mortal sokovian deflect them with her own powers.

'Ah, So you do have it.' The Calliston girl smirked and looked at her father. 'Shall I take it from her cold lifeless body.'

'Give her a chance, daughter. She may value her pathetic life.' The king of Callisto smiled at Katerina.

Katerina thought back to her brothers lifeless body laying on the corner of Eighth Ave and West 34th. Then she looked beside her to see her fearless sister. The only thing she had left to lose. As though Vision could sense her fears, he put an arm around Wanda, letting Katerina know that whatever happens, her sister would be safe with him.

'I don't have the Gem.' Kat shrugged. 'I don't know what it looks like.'

Norvina whispered angrily to her father 'she's lying, you saw her green magic.'

Her father held up a hand to shush her, before walking passed Thor. He walked closer to Katerina but Tony watched him, Stark stepped in front of Kat before Caliban could get to close.

Caliban looked Tony up and down before nodding and stepping back. Tony raised a brow but did the same, leaving Katerina to hold her own now that he felt she would be okay.

'Child, my daughter seems to believe you posses the Gem and given your powers, I believe so too. Now if you would just hand it over we'd be on our way and you and your family can return to your doing.'

'I don't have the Gem. I just told you that. My powers came from the mind stone, not the whatever Gem you are talking about.'

Caliban looked over and Vision before nodding. 'It seems the mind stone is present.' He looked back at his daughter. 'Norvina, are you sure you can feel the Callisto Gem and not the mind stone?'

'I am certain.' She spat angrily. 'I know it is here and I'm not leaving until I get it. It belongs to me, as future queen of Callisto I demand that gem.'

Caliban silences his daughter once more before speaking to the avengers collectively. 'We will give you three days. Find the Gem or we will tear your planet apart. Oh and...if I find out the young one does possess the Gem and has lied to me, I will disintegrate her.'

The parties returned to their ship and took of, leaving behind a huge creature in the earth.