Chapter three: good fighter

Thor's large hand touched my shoulder and my anger disappeared, causing the energy on my hands to die down.

'Whaaat....just happened?' Tony raised a brow. He walked closer to the couch and sat across from me.

I never stopped glaring at him and Natasha asked me 'Why are you glaring at Tony?'

'He killed my parents.' I gritted my teeth, biting down to avoid saying something I'd regret. I was trying not to lash out at him. For some reason I felt sympathetic for the narcissistic idiot.

'Woah woah woah, Kermit. I never killed your parents, what are you talking about?'

'Sokovia, a year ago. A shell that had Stark industries logo across it was five metres from my face. I hid my brother and sister under a bed after your bombs took out our parents. You attacked our home and tore our family apart. You could've killed my brother and sister!'

Tony was shell shocked. He sat, mouth open, not knowing what to say. He knew his weapons got into the hands of bad people, he knew innocent lives got taken away but he had no idea one of the survivors would be staring him in the face years later.

He stood up and stormed out of room, heartbroken.

////////

That night, I slept in the guest bedroom from earlier. Well, I tried to sleep. I tossed and turned but I couldn't drop off.

I walked over to the window opposite the bed and sat on the window cil. I used my powers to control the weather. I made the rain hit harder and lightning dance across the sky.

From the common room, Steve nudged Thor as he watched the news. 'Quit it.' The Soldier said to the god.

'I'm not doing anything.' Thor shrugged as he played with a rubix cube.

'Stop with the lightening, it's distracting.' Steve huffed in annoyance.

Thor furrowed his brows and walked over to the balcony. He saw the lighting across the sky, it was tinged green and he knew instantly it was Katerina.

He walked to her room and gently tapped on the door. 'Kat?'

I looked at the door and used my magic to turn the knob and let him in. Thor walked in and came and sat next to me by the window.

'Can't sleep?' He asked and I nodded.

'I'm worried about Wanda and Pietro. I know they'd take care of each other but, that's not enough. Tomorrow I need to go back to sokovia and find them.'

'I'll go with you.' Thor said. 'Now, enough with the lightning. You're driving Mr.Righteous mad.' He smiled and so did I. For some reason, the idea of annoying Steve Rogers made me happy.

////////

The next morning, I woke up in a very comfortable bed. I was tucked in tight and I didn't want to get up.

If it wasn't for the incessant knocking on the door I would have happily stayed here all day.

I peeled back the covers and lazily walked over to the door. I opened the door and was met with a smiling, chirpy Thor.

'Morning Kat, I trust you slept well once I tucked you in.'

'Oh; yes. I did, thank you. I can't remember you tucking me in but I appreciate it.' I nodded and he smiled even bigger, if that was even possible.

'You're welcome. You leaned against me on the window cil last night and as I began to braid your hair you fell asleep.' Thor shrugged. 'Anyways, we have training, let's go.'