Chapter eleven: Tales of Asgard

Once he was reassured I was going to be ok, Tony left to answer his call. I sat on the grass with my legs folded underneath me and looked up at the stars.

'Excuse me?' I turned to see Loki stood behind me with a blanket. 'I thought you might be cold.'

I gave him a grateful smile as he handed me the fluffy, forest green blanket. I wrapped it around myself and instantly felt a lot better, comforted and calm.

'May I?' He gestured to the space beside me on the grassy ground and I nodded. The god sat down and cleared his throat.

'How did you know I was down here?' I asked curiously.

'I was having trouble sleeping.' Loki shrugged. 'I was reading at my seat at the window when I saw you rush out in panic. I was about to come down to see if you were alright when Stark beat me to it. I hope he wasn't too insensitive.'

'Not at all actually, quite the opposite. He was lovely. Thank you for coming down here Loki but I'm alright now.'

'It's not problem. I'd quite like to look at the stars now anyway. Have you ever star-gazed?'

I shook my head. 'Nope. Have you?'

He chuckled and spoke in an sincere tone. 'Darling, I was surrounded by them. Asgard at night is truly one of the most beautiful things you will ever see.'

'It sounds lovely.' I smiled.

'It was. It was big, golden and wonderful. A space of freedom and happiness. Of course we had our issues, every place had does. But....'

I rested my head on his shoulder as Loki continued telling me tales of Asgard and stories of him and Thor as they were growing up. He pointed out different stars and the constellations and as he talked I rested my eyes, the sound of his voice helping em to relax.

//////

Loki tensed up as he felt Katerina rest her head on his shoulder. When he realised she was comfortable and wasn't moving he relaxed and continued his story.

When she had stopped responding, he looked down at her to see her eyes closed. She had fallen asleep on his.

He gently lifted her up and carried her back into the facility. Giving a nod to the night staff as he stepped into the elevator.

He stopped outside her bedroom door and realised he didn't know the code to her room. He began tapping in obvious numbers like 1,2,3,4,5 and 0,0,0,0 but none of them were working.

'Keypad blocked. Voice activation required.'

'Seriously?' Loki huffed in annoyance. After being denied access by Friday he gave up and carried her to his room.

He placed her in his bed, still wrapped up in his green blanket, and pulled the covers over her before disappearing out of the room to leave her to rest in peace.