Chapter twenty-five: apologies

The next day the team were mentally and emotionally drained.

Wanda sat opposite her sister in the living room. Tony, Natasha, Thor, Loki, Steve, Sam, Rhodey, Vision, T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye and Bruce all sat in silence in various positions in the room.

Wanda couldn't get the image of her sister killing Norvina and Rigel out of her mind. How she mercilessly tore him in half before ripping out the women's heart.

Natasha was proud of Kat for being so fearless, she was proud that the girl had pushed all of her emotions aside for the sake of family, but she was also scared. Scared that such a sweet, compassionate women had a look of pure hatred in her eyes, giving of a murderous glare as she killed for family.

Tony was confused, nothing could surprise Steve anymore and Thor and Loki were too tired to care. Clint began packing up to go home to his family and T'Challa and Shuri were going to take Bucky back to Wakanda with them.

Wanda sat in silence before putting a hand on her sister's shoulder. 'Thank you for protecting me yesterday.'

'Wanda, you don't have to thank me. Im your sister.' Kat shrugged. 'It's what I do.'

'I um, I want to talk to you about something.' Wanda asked.

'Sure. Let's go.'

The sisters sat in the kitchen drinking coffee. Wanda had plans that she needed to discuss with her sister.

'Kat?' Wanda mumbled, toying nervously with one of the many rings on her forefinger.

'Yeah Wands?'

'Vision has asked me to go on a trip with him, a sort of vacation after everything's that happened. I just wanted to make sure it you'd be okay if I went.'

Kat smiled. The first genuine smile she'd had in days. 'Of course I'll be okay. Go, enjoy yourself. Relax. Be careful though, don't get to complacent with people. Remember what Nat said-'

'Looking over your shoulder should become second nature. I got it.' Wanda smirked proudly.

'Well I'm glad you finally learned.' The girls looked over and saw Natasha leaning against the door way. 'I was beginning to feel like you hadn't listened to me.'

'We did, we just didn't like all the training.' Wanda retorted as Natasha sat next to her at the table.

'So, you and Vision huh?' Kat teased her sister.

'Yeah... we've been close for a while now and there's not a day that I'm not with him. I really care for him and he's admitted he has feelings for me, even if he isn't sure what feelings are haha.' Wanda's face was flushed and her eyes sparkled as she spoke about him.

////////////
13 days later.

4pm on Monday, Kat stood outside of Midtown school of Science and Technology. She had now returned to her signature blonde hair and blue eyes, ditching the contacts and box dies.

Peter Parker walked out of school with Ned, stopping in his tracks as he spotted Kat opposite the school. He felt bad for the girl, she watched her brother being murdered by an alien less than two weeks ago.

He said goodbye to Ned before ambling over to his old friend. 'Hi...' He said nervously.

'Hey Peter.' She said softly. She was nervous and she felt guilty for the way she treated him, even if he was mean to her. 'I want to apologise to you, but I also want to let you know that no matter what you believe, we were genuinely friends. I never faked liking you or caring for you.'

'Ok... I never meant what I said to you either, I never, i was just angry. And hurt. I understand that Mr Stark gave you this mission to look out for me and I appreciate that. So, how about we just forget about all of this?'

'I'd like that. Thank you.'

'No worries.' Peter smiled, feeling a weight lift off of his shoulders.

Katerina looked around before asking 'So, are you busy now or?'

'No, no. I finished all homework at lunch. I'm free.' He told her and she smiled happily .

'So do you wanna come back to the compound and help me prank Tony?'

'Of course.' He stammered excitedly. 'What did you have in mind?'

'Well I was thinking...'