Chapter twenty-two: Wakandans

Steve stood outside of the lab as Tony and Bruce tried to figure out how to remove the Gem from Kat. Bruce mentioned they needed some sort of technology.

As he listened to them debate how the would remove the Gem, he remembered his friend/ally had a wiz kid sister who wouldn't mind helping out.

He ran back to his room and took out his phone, making a quick phone call to Wakanda.

Last month, Steve was on a mission in Africa with Bucky when the mission was interrupted by a king a cat suit and a women with a spear.

When they all realised they had the same mission, the relaxed and spoke to each other. Steve learned that the cat suit was actually the Black Panther, protector and king of Wakanda, T'Challa Udaku. And the fierce female with a spear was actually Okoye, the general of the Dora Milaje and the head of Wakandan armed forces.

Steve and Bucky worked with them, their friend Nakia and T'Challa's younger, genius sister and Princess of Wakanda, Shuri to complete a couple more missions in Africa and often visit for Bucky to get some rest, as Shuri has been the one to reprogram him and has been helping him with his mental state.

After he was reassured by the king and princess that they had Wakanda's support and they were on their way, Steve headed down to security to ensure the King and Princess had all the protection needed upon arrival and to alert security they were expecting visitors as part of facility protocol.

//////
Kat's POV

Wanda linked arms with me as we walked behind Thor info the conference room. Sat at the head of the table was an African man and two African ladies and next to them was Steve and Bucky.

'Hello...' I said awkwardly as they starred at me. 'I'm Kat, I'm guessing by the looks on all your faces that you're here about me.' The you girl that was with them giggled.

The man stood up, pride and honour present in his mannerisms. 'Hello, Kat. I am T'Challa, King of Wakanda. You're friend Steve contacted me and my sister as a favour to you. He told us your story, I am sorry Miss.'

I shrugged. 'What's happened has happened, there's nothing anybody could do to change that. Thank you for coming here but it's a waste of your time, your highnesses and..general?' I asked and the lady nodded.

The young girl stood up. 'Katerina, My name's Shuri. Im in charge of technology back home. I have created state of the art inventions, items that have the ability to change the world. I think I could create something that could extract the Callisto Gem from your body without damaging you. If you give me your permission, I would like to do some tests.'

I nodded and gave her a weak smile. 'That all sounds great, thank you so much.' Shuri nodded and I continued. 'But, while I have all of you here.'

I looked around the room at all of my teammates. People who, in the passed 10 months have become family. 'This stone is dangerous. These people are willing to destroy an entire planet, wage war with Asgard and fight enhanced individuals and gods like Thor and Loki, they're not messing around. This Gem obviously pays a high price, it must be magical or something.' I chuckled sarcastically. 'If it comes down to it, me or the rest of the world, please chose the rest of the world.'

////////

Shuri took over Tony's lab as he disappeared to some other part of the building. She ran test after test.

T'Challa walked into the lab and gave me Katerina a sad smile. 'Sister, can we talk in private?'

Shuri followed her brother into the corridor. 'What do you want? I'm trying to figure this out.'

'Any news yet? The blonde big guy won't stop pestering me.' T'Challa sighed thinking about the game of 201 questions Thor was playing with him.

'You are a king, Brother. Put him in his place.' Shuri joked, rolling her eyes.

'Thor is also now a king.' T'Challa snarled. 'Now, any news? What happened with the tests?'

'Inconclusive.' Shuri shook her head. 'I am finding traces of the Gem but I cannot find the source. Plus, her powers are over-powering. The vibranium machines are no match for her energy.'

'What do you think we should do?' He asked.

Shuri shrugged. 'Steve said the Caliston's would be returning in 72 hours, they've timed it and that works out at 5pm. So we have two hours. I-'

The building shook as a loud bang happened outside. Shuri looked at her brother in panic before they ran back into the lab and over to the window to check out what had happened.

Opposite the facility on the field was a huge Calliston ship. Shuri turned to look at her brother. 'Now we have two minutes.'