Chapter two: Maximoff girl

Steve Rogers ran out into the open air looking for the three kids he saw inside. Two girls and a boy. Green, red and blue.

He saw a blue flash heading towards the city of Sokovia and he understood that was the boy. He ran down the steps and to his team, where he saw one of the strongest, bulkiest members fighting the girl from earlier.

Panic surged through him and he knew he needed to stop the fight. 'THOR!' Steve screamed as he ran towards him.

It was too late. Thor underestimated his strength against the oldest Maximoff girl and with one punch she was sent hurtling into the forest where she crashed into a tree.

Thor looked shocked at what he did. He was just trying to find out what she was doing on the field when she turned and began fighting him, he definitely didn't mean to cause her any harm.

The team ran into the forest towards the girl. Steve dropped to his knees beside her unconscious body and so did Natasha.

Natasha pressed her fingers to her neck and felt for her heart beat. 'She's got a pulse but it's weak. We need to get her on the Quinjet.'

'Why should we help her?' Bruce asked now he was human again. 'Isn't she one of the bad guys?'

'She's a kid, Bruce.' Steve defended.

'Besides....' Thor started. 'T'was I who injured the girl, I should rectify my actions and take mercy upon her. She needs our help.'

Thor scooped her up off of the ground and carried her back to the Quinjet, where they all waited for Stark.

As Natasha placed an ice pack on the girls head the door opened and Stark walked in. He closed the door behind himself and stepped out of his Ironman suit.

'Did you get it?' Steve asked.

'Of course I did.' Tony replied in a tone that said 'obviously.' His suit held it in its metal hand. 'Who's the girl? I told Barton after you, we're not taking in anymore strays.'

Natasha narrowed her eyes at him before Thor spoke. He explained to Tony what happened and the billionaire agreed to help the kid.

'You never know, Stark. she may surprise you.' Natasha said with a smirk as she sat in the pilot seat.

'What makes you say that?' Tony said as he grabbed a donut from the fridge.

'She saved and healed Clint.' Nat shrugged.

Tony looked at the archer, who nodded. '...after she inflicted her weird, green magic on me. She said sorry and that she was looking for her brother. She had the weirdest accent.'

'She's sokovian.' Steve replied. 'The twins are her younger siblings, she was just trying to protect them. Agent Hill's going to meet us at HQ to give us more info.'

///////

Thor watched from behind the glass and Banner and Dr Helen Cho assessed the young girl, who according to Maria Hill was called 'Katerina Maximoff' she's 18 and apparently, very dangerous.

Banner left the lab to speak to Thor, leaving Helen to watch Katerina. Banner gave Thor a sympathetic smile. 'You're worried.' He said as he read the god's face.

Thor shrugged. 'Of course. If she was not enhanced, I could've killed that young girl.'

'Well...she's healing pretty fast. She'll be awake soon if you wanna talk to her. She'll be a little erratic at first, obviously, she has no idea where she is. But if you can be calm and talk to her on her level, she may confide in you. You can convince her to trust us. She may even help us.'