Chapter thirty-four

After flying back to the compound on a jet, me and Clint marched angrily into the conference room.

Steve, Tony, Sam, Bucky, Vision and Natasha sat waiting for us. Steve pulled me in for a hug while Natasha comforted Clint.

He hasn't spoke the entire time here. He was worried, angry, I could feel his pain. He wanted to kill whoever took his family and so did I.

'C'mon.' Steve took me by the hand and lead me to a side room. He closed the door and turned to face me.

I stood with crosses arms and a don't mess with me look on my face. 'You said we'd be safe there.'

'I know and we expected that you would be. Nobody, apart from Fury and the team, new about Clint's farm house and family.'

'Obviously somebody knew.' I shrugged. 'Somebody used that information to take my sister. I want to know who you've been hiding us from this past week and I want to know now, Rogers!'

Steve stepped closer to me and put a hand out. 'Hey, calm down-'

'Don't tell me to calm down, that's the worst thing you could do!'

Steve stepped back in horror. 'Your eyes Kat...'

I realise that my eyes must've turned green and frightened him, but I didn't care. 'Steve, my sister has been taken by these guys who weren't sent to kill me.' I said calmly before flaring up into rage again. 'And you didn't even tell me! I could have protected everyone by helping you figure out what they wanted. But instead you sent me to Clint's farm, not only putting his family in harms way but by taking Wanda and Peter too!'

'We thought we could figure this out alone. We have Natasha and Bucky, ex hydra assassins on our side, Kat. We thought we were doing the right thing.'

'Steve! There are kids involved.'

The super soldier nodded and let out a deep sigh. 'I know, I know. And that's why we need to get the team together and get them back, safely.'

The team gathered around the conference room table on their feet. Steve, Bucky and Natasha working on a plan to get Laura, the kids, Wanda and Peter back.

Tony, myself, Clint, Vision and Sam decided to find all the evidence we could while the others tried to find the location they could have taken our family.

As Tony handed me yet another SHIELD file on Hydra, a picture fell through the file onto the floor. I picked it up and gasped when I saw the familiar dark features of the man I once trusted.

'What?' Tony asked wide eyed. 'What is it?'

'This man, Sergio. He worked with Strucker. We trusted him but he betrayed us and Strucker. He was the guy who put the Callisto Gem in me, when Strucker got to me he was too late. This guy...he's dangerous.' I explained to the team what Strucker had told us about Sergio a few months ago.

'Maybe Strucker could help us on this.' Steve suggested before Natasha shook her head.

'Sadly not.' The russian sadly mumbled.

'Why not?' I asked.

Nat opened her mouth to say something before pausing. She gave me a sympathetic look and I oopened before hardening again, putting up her wall of confidence. 'Strucker was found dead this morning. He had been attacked in his cell.'