Chapter twenty-eight: Fire alarm

I sad beside Thor in the conference room, Tony gave us an update on his security. He had worked with Shuri in Wakanda to develop a new security system that he was now jibber jabbering about.

Thor has been giving me sly glances every five minutes for past twenty minutes, whenever I catch him he smiles and winks at me.

He did it again and I elbowed him in the hard stomach. 'Why are you giving me that creepy look Space Boy?'

'Well, Earth...Girl.' He pulled a face at the nickname but continued anyway. 'I know a secret about you.'

I scoffed. 'No you don't.'

'Hey.' Tony pointed at me and Thor. 'You two. This is an important meeting regarding safety. Do you want to die?'

As Thor said 'No.' I said 'Sometimes.' Tony gave me a look that said Don't test me right now before he carried on talking about facial recognition technology on PSP.

'I do.' Thor sang in my ear. I looked at him from the corner of my eye to see him bouncing him knee in a giddy manner.

'What do you know?' I asked him telepathically.

'How did you do that?' He thought.

'Do you not know me? I can communicate telepathically remember. Screw that, what do you know Odinson?'

'I know that you and my brother are in a relationship.' He smirked and nodded at me.

'No we're not.'

'Yes you are. He told me.'

'Well he never told me.' I crossed my arms and ignored him.

As soon as the meeting was over I stormed upstairs to find Loki in the library Stark had recently installed.

I spotted him sat in the corner on a beanbag chair and slammed the door. He looked up and a smile instantly lit up his face, oh how that was gonna change.

'Ah, Darling. Is Stark's meeting finally over?' He gave me a warm smile as he used his magic to pull another green beanbag next to his.

'Loki, what have told Thor about us?' I asked as I sat down on the chair he offered me.

'Well, he simply inquired about my love life and I told him that you and I are in a relationship.' Loki shrugged causally as he read the back of his book.

'Are we though?' I shrugged copying him. 'Because we haven't discussed that. We've been friends for a while Loki and we've been closed these passed few months but we don't-'

'Sorry Kat, can I just stop you there.' Loki put down his book and sat forward. He took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes, his green orbs sparkling. 'Love, we've shared so many beautiful moments these passed few months. When we visited Asgard six months ago, it was there and then that I realised just how much I cared for you. When I knew I'd be willing to fight my parents to keep you safe, all though Odin's opinion never mattered to me, my mother's approval meant a great deal. She spoke with me when I returned a month or two ago with Thor and shared with me the details of your conversation with her.'

I felt the heat rush to my face as I thought about Frigga telling Loki that I have feelings for him.

'These moments that we've shared over the passed 6 months have meant so much to me. Every hug, every kiss, every moment that I've spent beside you has meant everything to me. I've felt more love from you in this short time than I have my entire life.' Loki leaned in and placed a kiss on my cheek. 'There's no doubt in my mind that I love you Kat.'

As emotions overcame me I placed a hand on his soft pale cheek and leaned in to place a kiss on his lips.

////////////////////

The next morning I walked through the corridor in one of Loki's oversized dress shirts and my underwear on my way back to my room.

I could feel the  smile on my face as my cheeks started to hurt. Just before I got to my bedroom, a blaring alarm went off signalling a fire somewhere in the building.

There is no way I can go outside and stand with the team and staff in nothing but Loki's shirt and panties. I darted towards my bedroom only to have Steve wrap an arm around my torso and pick my up. He ran with me down the fire exit, despite my screams.

'STEVE STOP! PUT ME DOWN!'

'KAT IT'S A FIRE WE HAVE TO GET OUT! DO YOU WANNA DIE!'

'LIKE I SAID YESTERDAY, YES!'

Steve finally put me down on the soaking wet, muddy, grass. It was raining outside as all of the team and staff stood on the field while waiting for the fire engines.

'What the hell are you wearing? I can see your nipples through your shirt!' Natasha put her hoody over me and Bucky tied his jacket around my waist.

'What the hell, Kat?' Wanda asked with raised brows. 'Whose shirt even is that?'

'It's a men's medium.' Bucky said as he looked at the facility, avoiding eye contact with me, becoming awkward now that he'd see my top. 'That means it's either Steve's, Tony's, Vision or Clint. Or the weirdest, Loki's.'

I stood awkwardly avoiding his statement as all eyes were on me. As Wanda and Natasha looked at me as though they were pressing for an answer, I started sweating.

Thor must've sensed my discomfort as he spoke up. 'Oh, that's mine. It's actually a large, Bucky. I'm a large person, but it shrank in the wash and so I uh I gave it to Kat because cos it obviously didn't fit. And I thought that she would find it comfortable comfy, to sleep in as uh she wears oversized clothes to bed. Right, Kat?'

I looked over to Thor with a great full smile on my face as he nodded at me. 'Yeah, that's right. Thanks again Thor, it's very comfy.'

The team seemed satisfied with Thor's explanation, even though the three assassins raised eyebrows they deemed to believe us.

I sneakily looked over at Loki to see a tear streaming down his cheeks as he bit his lip, holding in his cheeky laughter.

Tony finally walked out of the facility after talking with the firefighters. He was carrying a black, dust box in his IronMan clad hands.  'Alright, what have I told you guys about putting things in the toaster that don't belong there? Bucky, I'm looking at you. Why is there a knife in here? You have a metal arm, the chances of electric shock are higher for you. Idiot.'

::::::::::::
Hiiii, how are you guys? So I've been thinking about it for a while now and have decided to enter this book into the Watty's this year. Would any of guys mind voting for me?
If not that's cool, thanks for reading!x