Chapter seventeen: I'll go with Loki

The next day

Last night, Tony had a specialist collect Pietro's body and bring it to the hospital section of the compound. Me and Wanda a currently outside of the room they had kept him in.

Wanda gave my hand a little tug and I looked up at her, giving her a nod. She pushed open the door and gently pulled me into the small hospital room.

She pulled back the blue curtain and immediately began sobbing at the sight of her twin.

////////

Tony watched from the small window in the door as Wanda and Katerina collapsed onto the floor, sobbing at the sight of their cold brothers corpse.

Wanda gripped onto Katerina for dear life, holding on tight; afraid to lose another.

Tony couldn't bear the sight any longer and stormed down the corridor, on a personal mission.

He walked as fast as his little legs could carry him and traveled to the other side of the compound. The left wing still had scaffolding and tarpaulin surrounding it as it was still being built. Tony hadn't had plans for this wing, until now.

He took his phone out of his pocket and began dialling. 'Hello...yeah Pepper it's me. Do you still have the blueprints for the left wing of the Avengers compound?'

/////

Katerina collapsed on her bed in her black funeral dress, wrapping herself in her blankets and letting her cushions and pillows bury her in a soft fluffy mound of comfort. She had run out of emotion. After a day of non-stop crying, she was left feeling drained.

For most of the day she was wrapped in Thor's arms as he held her up on her feet, She was pretty sure if it wasn't for the god her knees would have turned to pure jelly.

When they returned from the church, Tony had set up a wake in the common area of the facility. All of their friends and fellow superhero pals were invited, and many people Wanda and Katerina didn't know surrounded them for an hour before both girls were exhausted.

Vision took care of Wanda, making sure she ate and drank enough water (she was losing as much as she consumed with all the crying) and took her out to the gardens to relax for a bit, that's when Kat made her escape.

Her stomach crumbles and she prayed the super soldier couldn't hear with his special hearing. Steve and Clint had been pestering her to eat something all day, the archer had even snuck a pizza roll into her pocket when she wasn't looking, ruining her black cardigan.

There was a knock at her door and she groaned. 'Go away.'

'Please Kat. It's me, Loki. The mysterious one.'

'Not now, Mysterious one. I'm not in the mood to talk to anybody, I'll end up yelling at you.'

'Good think I don't want to hear about your problems. I'm here for me, I'm totally selfish. You said I could talk to you about anything at anytime. I have something to talk about and right now is anytime.'

Kat used her mental powers to open her door and Loki sighed in relief. He walked over to her bed and sat on the edge. He threw something at her and she looked up, poking her head threw a small hole in the blankets.

She saw a bag of toffee popcorn sat on her quilt. 'Thank you, Loki.' She reached out and grabbed the bag and the god made himself comfortable on the bed.

He lay back against the headboard and Kat shared her pile of blankets with him. She rested her head on his shoulder, that was covered by his black suit jacket.

'So, what did you wanna talk about Loki?' Kat asked.

The god sighed and cleared his throat. 'Those Caliston's that came her the other day. They'll be back tomorrow and we haven't done a thing to prevent you from getting hurt.'