Chapter one: Strucker's base

Many weeks after the experiments started, me and my siblings began to see and feel the changes of our new powers.

Strucker told us that we each would gain a different ability. The sceptre that he was using contained a yellow stone called the mind stone.

Strucker's team were harnessing the power from the gem and incorporating it into a serum that he had been injecting into each of us.

Pietro ran circles in his room next door. His new ability was super speed, stamina and high metabolism - meaning he heels 15 times fast than a normal human. Sometimes when he'd run around his room he'd get too fast, and me and Wanda would hear him run into the wall to stop himself.

Me and Wanda have virtually the same powers. Chaos magic, telekinesis and the best one me and Wanda have really gotten down since discovering our powers was, mind compulsion. We've been slowly getting better food, nicer clothes and later bedtimes. Pietro has also been benefiting, of course we would never leave him out.

The only difference between our powers being Wanda can teleport and has a strong psychic defence. She's been able to block the mind stones mental probes for weeks until she finally gave in.

I can control weather and heal people. But the best of all, I can sense danger before it happens. I get an image of whoever's in danger in my mind and then I have roughly 2 minutes to get to them.

I found this out a week ago when Strucker wasn't here and Sergio wanted to give Pietro another needle. If I hadn't have been here, Piet could be dead now. We never told Wanda, she doesn't need to know.

Once again I stood in the infirmary of the Strucker's base, healing another one of his men who took a mission too far.

As the green wisps of my magic took over the agents' arm, Strucker was shouting at him. '-you never get too close to that guy! He's a Hydra legend, he could take you out without even blinking Sergio.'

'I know, Baron. But like you said, he's a legend. Don't you think our army would prosper with the Winter Soldier on our side.'

'We don't need the Soldier. We have the sceptre.'

'Not for long. Who knows when those American vigilantes will try to take it from us. I'm telling you Baron, having strength like that would guarantee our success. I could go again, take the Maximoffs.'

Strucker thought over Sergio's plan before saving his hand in dismissal. 'It's too dangerous for the kids. If you want to get your head ripped of by his metal arm then you go for it. But you won't put these kids in that kind of danger, ever.'

I heeled Sergio's arm before going outside for some fresh air. I sat on the steps in front of the base and took in the crisp, winter air.

The snow had stopped falling and had settled nicely in a thick blanket on the ground. As I remembered building snowmen as a child with my siblings and mama and papa, I heard loud noises erupt from the forest around me. I looked through the trees to see a black jet landing.

People were coming, I could sense it. I ran back up to the building and to Strucker's control room. 'Baron, I believe we are under attack. A black oddly shaped jet had landed in the forest opposite entrance B.'

Baron instructed his men to line up and pressed the red button under his desk. The red alarm started flashing and Strucker instructed me to find Wanda and Pietro.

As I turned a corner to try and find them, Sergio grabbed me by the collar. 'You need to be outside fighting with us.'

He began pulling me with him but I couldn't do anything about it. His men were surrounding me, if I used my powers on him who knows what they could do to me. I simply complied and followed with them, the sooner I fought of whoever was attacking, the sooner I could get back to Wanda and Pietro.