Chapter thirty: Protect you.

Standing on the edge of the balcony in my hotel room, I watched as the city of Paris slowly went to sleep.

The Eiffel Tower was lit up with thousands of lights, a beacon of hope in a dark world.

I closed the sliding doors behind me, picked my backpack up from the bed and headed out. Handing in my key and disappearing into the city.

I pulled my jacket hood over my head as the rain began to pelt down. Taking my phone from my pocket I found the directions to the nearest train station.

Three hours later I was in London. Check in with Natasha on one of her missions.

2 hours later I was in Wales, completing my own mission.

Four hours later, Scotland.

I got to the hotel and went to the room number I was given. I knocked on the door and moments later Wanda answered.

'Kat?' She asked in disbelief.

I pushed past her into the room, spotting Vision disguised as a human on the couch. 'Do you guys think you're funny? Disappearing like that. Turning of your transmission devices.'

'Kat we-'

'Save it, Vis. You want the best for Wanda?' I asked. He nodded. 'Then don't put her in danger like that.'

Wanda sighed and rubbed her forehead. 'No matter what I do, I will always be a baby to you won't I?'

'Wanda-'

'No Kat. We have been through so much these past few years. I've grown up, become an adult in front of your eyes and yet you still see me as a five year old. Now I've supported you throughout your whole dating a sociopath god but somehow you can't let me be happy with Vision? That doesn't make sense to me.'

What Wanda was saying was right. I had trouble seeing her as anything but my baby sister, someone I need to protect.

I nodded shrugged. 'Yeah, you're right. I do need to let go. But when your a kid yourself and have to become an adopted parent to both your brother and sister, it's hard to see them as anything but babies you need to protect. We lost Pietro, Wanda. I wasn't able to protect him, but I can still protect you. Even if it's from a distance. So don't think because I'm leaving I'm letting go, I'm just loosening my grip.'

Wanda was about to interrupt me when I spoke again. 'If you're not at briefing in five days I'll send Steve to come and get you. Both of you.'

////////////////////

Wanda heard the door slam shut and closed her eyes with a sigh. Vision jumped to his feet and embraced her in his now human arms.

'She's insufferable.' Wanda mumbled into his shoulder.

Vision chuckled. 'I understand your frustration with her Wanda, I do. Bit Katerina is only doing what is best for you.'

'You think she's right? That I am baby?' As Wanda got angry her Sokovian accent got stronger.

'No my love, I simply understand her point of view and support her coddling of you. As someone who also cares for you Miss Maximoff i have to admire the lengths you're sister would go to protect you.'

Wanda nodded. 'I guess I'm just sick of being treated like a toddler. Tony keeps me hidden away back home, Katerina wants me in bubble wrap and Steve is like a surrogate mother. I don't want to argue with you Vis but you were also not letting me leave the facility.'

'We all want what's best for you Wanda. Please don't take it the wrong way.'

//////////////

When I left Wanda and Vision's hotel I sat on the bench outside and took out my phone.

Steve sent me their coordinates and I met up with them. They were in a hotel five minutes away.

'So how was the mission?' I asked as I sat besides Steve on the bed.

'Not too bad. It would've been better if we had two extra avengers.' He nodded as he flicked through the tv channels. 'Wanda and Vision were supposed to be with us, as you know. I'm guessing that's why you're here?'

I nodded. 'As soon as Tony asked for Bucky prep to assist you guys I knew something was off. Wanda and Vis ditched their trackers in Paris, left their comms in Wales and forgot about the suits they were wearing.'

Steve chuckled. 'As if Stark would leave them in stealth mode.'

I rested my head on Steve's shoulder, all of the travelling taking a toll on me. 'You know, this is their first love. Their infatuated with one another and they wanted some time together. It's not that bad of a crime right? I'm sure you want to run away with Loki right?'

Do? Am I in love with him?

If Wanda and Vision are an example of love, is that what I have with Loki?

No. No it isn't.

 No it isn't