Chapter seven: I am Loki

Two weeks later

I stood in the lab with Tony as he was showing me paint colours and wallpaper samples. He  called me into his lab at 6am, it was now 11:30.

All of the avengers were still asleep as the recovered from various different missions. Thor had been gone for a week, he had to go back to Asgard to take care of some things and it's been the longest week ever.

Being the one of the first people to welcome me here, Thor had become one of my best friends. Sure, having Wanda and Pietro here was good but they have their own things going on.

In the space of two weeks Wanda and Vision have become inseparable and Pietro has been hanging out with Steve (they have competitions to see who can run fastest and Steve loses every time. Sometimes Pietro slows down to get Steve's hopes up but he never lets him win.)

'And then for the bathrooms i'm thinking Italian marble.' Tony said showing me more samples.

'Yeah that's great Tony.' I yawned trying not to fall asleep.

'Don't quit on me now kid, I need modern opinions.' Tony sighed and handed me another piece of paper. 'How about your room, what do you think of the colour?'

What he said totally went over my head as I tried to look interested but also though of ways to sleep with my eyes shut. 'Mmh that's nice.'

Then I realised what he said. 'Wait...' I paused. 'My own room?' I picked up the sheet and saw a big bedroom design. Double bed, tv on the wall and my own bathroom. 'You don't have to do this Tony, I'm happy to stay in one of your guest rooms.'

Tony smiled and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. 'I know. That's why I'm happy to do it. You don't want it, you're not materialistic. But I'm happy do this for you.'

I leaned forward and pulled Tony in for a hug. He tensed up immediately but soon relaxed. 'Thank you, Tony. For everything. Not just the room. I owe you for saving my brother and sister and for trying to save Sokovia. You accepted me into the tower the same day you met me and have never once passed judgment even though I'm basically a science experiment. I wanted nothing but vengeance for so many years and I can't believe I ever wanted to hurt you. You really are something else. You're kind and generous and under that reactor you have a heart of gold.'

I let go of him as the AI started speaking. 'Miss Maximoff you're presence is required by Thor Odinson in the conference room.'

'Oh Thor's back. Thank you, Friday.' I said before looking back at Tony. 'See ya later, don't forget breakfast!'

'I've got food here.' He shrugged with a shaky voice.

/////

As Katerina headed out to meet Thor, Tony let a tear fall from his eye as he thought about her little speech.

'I do have a heart of gold.' He mumbled as he took a screwdriver to the leg of his Mark 32 suit.

////////

I met Thor in conference room and after a bone crushing hug, he nervously scratched the back of his neck and practically forced me into one of the chairs.

'What's going on Thor?' I asked as his shady behaviour made me nervous.

'Well, I may have brought something back from Asgard that the team...may not like...'

I narrowed my eyes at the god. 'Like...a souvenir?'

'A big souvenir.' Thor said nervously. 'Can a person be a souvenir?'

I shook my head. 'No. What person? Thor you brought a person back? Like a pet?'

'No, no. Like a brother?'