Chapter fifteen: Pietro

I pushed Peter behind the shelf and told him to stay down. I used my mental powers to cause rain to fall outside, luring out some of the fire.

I grabbed Ned from the end of the isle and pushed him to where I had previously left Peter, only to find he had gone.

Moments later I saw Spider-Man running towards me. 'Peter, I told you to stay down!' I hit him on the arm and he paused.

Ned stood up and looked at me bewildered. 'What happened to your accent? And how did you know that Peter is under there.'

Spider-Man slowly took of his mask and I was left to look at the shocked face of Peter. 'H-how?'

I lifted my hand and green wisps surrounded my fingers. 'You-your Emerald Storm?'

'I mainly go by Katerina Maximoff but whatever. Let's go investigate Spidey.' I walked down to the checkouts, leaving Peter and Ned to talk or whatever.

Two weird creatures ran at me and I used my magic to fight them of and tear them apart. I felt a hand go around my throat and sent my powers through my body, the force pushing whoever it was backwards.

I turned to fight them, it was another weird alien creature. I looked to my left and saw a display of protractors. Using my mind, I lifted the display in the air and sent them flying into the creature, stabbing it and killing it.

'That was....amazing!!' Ned screamed. I looked to my right and saw him frozen in shock.

'Ned, dude! Run!' As I screamed at him an alien creature tackled him to the ground. I ran towards them and sent my magic into the alien, I pulled my arms back and the things head came of its body.

'That was...gross.' Ned was traumatised. I could tell.

I took his hand in mine and used the other to send my energy powers to the ground, lifting us both and flying us out of the store.

Peter ran out after us and quickly got Ned out of the area. The parking lot opposite us began collapsing.

I ran over and sent out a wall of green energy, holding the building up until the cars could drive down.

There were twenty cars, full of people, still inside the multi story parking lot. 'I can't hold them Spidey!'

Peter nodded and used all his energy to hold up the side of the building with me. The alien creatures were destroying everything around me and closing in on me, Peter and the civilians.

I used one hand to support the cars while taking my phone out with the other. I sent my location to the group chat and was about to calm them when one of the creatures pounced on me, knocking my phone out of my hand and sending me to the ground.

////////

Katerina used her magic to tear the creature in half and jump to her feet. She was now surrounded by at least ten of the ugly aliens.

Suddenly a hammer came flying passed her head, killing all of the aliens. She turned to see Thor and the team fighting alongside her and Peter.

She ran to help her teammates and began sending lightning down on the aliens. Pietro ran fast through the city, saving civilians and taking out creatures.

Wanda and Vision were working together with their powers to kill the awful things. Steve and Tony were a team. Natasha and Clint. Rhodey and Wilson, Loki and Bucky and Katerina and Thor.

Pietro suddenly stopped running. He turned and looked at us. 'Hey guys, there are a few civilians in that building UGH!'

'No!!' Katerina let out a shriek as she watched the alien creature's arm go through Pietro's chest. She ran to him just in time to catch him, sending a strong green energy balls the creature, taking of it's head.

Wanda joined Katerina on the floor beside their lifeless brother. Both girls tried using their powers to heel him but nothing was working.

'Girls, I don't mean to be insensitive but we need help!' Loki shouted as he fought If five of the creatures.

As realisation hit Kat, a burst of emotion surged through her body sending out a burst of the strongest energy her body could produce. She felt the loss of her brother in her chest, she could physically feel that he was dead. Her heart felt like it had been ripped out of her chest and as she screamed out a blood curdling scream.

Wanda sobbed into her brothers bloody chest as she duct away from her sisters outburst. The oldest Maximoff girl stood from her place beside Wanda and Pietro and angrily walked towards her teammates.

They all stood shocked as they watched her eyes turn green and the pools of green energy surround her.

'What's the matter with her eyes?' Clint freaked out, poking Natasha in the arm. Nat hit his arm away and told him to shush.

The team watched her destroy all of the creatures in a few moves, ripping them apart. Thor span his hammer, preparing to fly to her aid but Tony put a lab iron clad hand in front of him.

'No. She needs to do this.' Tony understood that Kat was in pain. She had witnessed her brother being murdered by some alien creature, and no matter what she did she couldn't heal him.

Steve watched in horror as the once sweet girl tore apart the aliens with no emotion on her face, she was unbothered by the blood and guts of the gory, brutal killings she was doing. 'She's not stopping. It's like, someone flipped a switch in her head.'

Bucky looked down in sadness. He had only been out of the Tony and Bruce's basement rehabilitation two weeks. He understood better than anybody the feeling of not being in control of your own actions.

Bucky ran forward, using his metal arm, he aided Katerina and Wanda in killing the creatures that took away Pietro.

Natasha and Tony followed afterwards, along with Steve, Clint, Thor, Loki and Vision.

Once the team he killed the foul beasts running smock, they began searching the city for any stragglers. They turned a corner and walked trough the gate of central panel, where they were met with a huge black, alien space ship, sat nicely waiting for them.

 They turned a corner and walked trough the gate of central panel, where they were met with a huge black, alien space ship, sat nicely waiting for them