Chapter twelve: First day of shool

I sat opposite Wanda on the Quinjet on the way  back to the compound after another successful mission.

My hand resting on her knee as she painting my nails. She had been nagging me all week after finding a burgundy colour that matched her suit and a few days later finding a green colour that matched mine.

Tony left Clint to fly us home and came to sit by us, next to Thor, opposite Steve. Loki stayed at the facility to assist Sam and Natasha looking after Bucky.

Tony threw a folder at me and I quickly caught it. ' Aww you smudged then!' Wanda scolded me and grabbed my left wrist, bringing my hand down for her to finish the nail painting job once again.

'What's this?' I asked Tony as I used my right hand to flip through the folder. On the first page was a picture of a young boy. Brow hair, brown eyes, around the age of 15-16.

'Remember that special kid from Queens I was telling you about the other night?' He asked and I nodded. 'Well I have an individual mission for you.'

'Okay.' I nodded as I read about how he got his powers. Bitten by a radioactive spider, that's unfortunate. 'What have I gotta do?'

'Well, that is the fun part.' Tony gave me a weak, almost unsure smile.

'Oh no...what is it?' I asked cringing.

'You're going back to school.'

///////

Almost a week later I was stood outside of the Midtown school of science and technology. A backpack on my back, with a pencil case and textbooks.

We stood across the road from the school. I looked over at Tony who was concealing himself in a hoodie and sunglasses, with a look that screamed please don't make me go in there.

I adjusted my backpack and looked over at the school. 'Do I really have to do this? You know Wanda is younger than me right?'

Natasha chuckled. 'You have more confidence. Now remember, no more of that sokovian accent. It's adorable but you have to keep your cover.'

'Okay.' I nodded. I looked down at my outfit and felt self conscious. My entire look had to be changed to go undercover here. After being on the news for working with the avengers, we had to make sure that nobody would recognise me.

I was in black skinny jeans, a grey hoodie and a purple backpack. I got to keep my own Adidas trainers and my own jewellery, however I had to die my hair. My once blonde locks were now a dark brown shade and I had brown contact lenses. I could hardly recognise myself, I scared the crap outta Steve yesterday at dinner, he thought I was Wanda.

'You have your backstory and everything down, Charlotte Buchanan Rogers?' Tony snickered at the made up name that he had chosen for me

'Yes.' I rolled my eyes. 'Charlotte Rogers, from Brooklyn. Distant relative of Steve. I am 16 years old and a Biology major. I live in a small apartment near by with my Dad and I'm an only child. I'm starting school mid semester because I'm a genius kid.' I repeated the story he had drilled into my head and he nodded.