Chapter twenty-three: Game on, Odinson

The avengers were all in the suits, stood on the ground floor of the facility after the place had been evacuated. All employees were in the safety of their own home and the only people left to get hurt were the team and the Wakandans.

'What'd we do?' Clint asked as he played with an arrow. 'Did you get the thing outta her?' He used the arrow to point at Kat.

All eyes were on Shuri as she shook her head. 'No, I couldn't find the source of the Gem. There's no safe way to retrieve it.'

'Then we fight.' Steve said in his stern Captain America voice.

'Okay.' Katerina nodded, prepared to fight for her life. After Pietro was killed by one of the Calliston, simply a few days ago, Kat has been ready to tear them apart. All of the lent up anger within her surfacing at the thought of having to fight them.

'Uh, I don't think so Green.' Natasha shook her head and placed a hand on Kat's shoulder. 'You're gonna use those spy techniques I thought you and are gonna stay out of sight out of mind.'

'What? How is that fair? You guys put your lives on the line for me and I sit back and so nothing? No, uh uh, I have to do something Nat.'

'You will be doing something, hiding. In one of the many spots I showed you.' Natasha instructed the oldest Maximoff with a mom-esque tone.

Kat crossed her arms. 'Fine, but Wanda's hiding with me. I'm not letting her go anywhere near those bastards.'

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes. 'Wanda is going to fight because she's not the vessel for a powerful space Gem. If they capture Wanda we can get her back, if they capture you they have this stone and god knows what they'll use it for.'

'Uh, guys.' Bruce stuttered, nervously playing with his hands. 'I don't think we have time for a debate.'

They all turned to look at what Bruce was freaking out over to see the Callistons walking across the field with an army behind them.

Natasha pushed Katerina back violently, a determined, protective look on her face. 'GO!'

//////

Steve and Thor walked ahead of the group, leading them out into the battle. Behind them was Loki, T'Challa (in his panther suit) and Tony (in his iron man suit.) Just behind them were Natasha, Wanda, Shuri, Okoye and then Vision and a small, Bruce Banner -preparing to get angry.

On the roof of the facility was Clint, Rhodey, Bucky and Sam, ready to help out if need be.

'Hello Midgardians. I trust you have the Gem for us.' Caliban smirked as the stood opposite the team.

Thor looked at Steve before addressing the Callistons. 'I'm afraid not, King Caliban.'

'Well isn't that a shame, King Thor. After yesterday's loss I assumed you'd want to save the people of this planet?' Norvina, Caliban's daughter smirked at the God.

'Thor?' Steve looked over at the Asgardian man, who had returned from Asgard yesterday. When Loki brought Kat back, Thor thought it best to consult with Heimdall regarding the information the all-seer has on Katerina, only to find the kingdom up in arms as his father, King Odin of Asgard, had died.

Thor settled the kingdom with a speech, assuring them they would have his leadership and protection, while also comforting his mother. He returned to Earth on a mission to speak with his brother.

Loki had showed little emotion when Thor told his their father was dead. Loki had always felt that Odin cared more for Thor than for him but nonetheless, Odin was his father and despite what people thought, Loki does have a heart.

Thor suggested that they ruled Asgard together, but Loki lashed out stating that 'I have more important things to take care of at the moment brother. Katerina is my number one priority.' Thor knew then the feelings his brother had for Kat were real and not another of his tricks.

'I'll explain later, Captain. We don't have the Gem, Caliban.' Thor shrugged. 'You probably won't believe us but, it's the truth. We don't have it.'

'Well...' Caliban smiled an evil, creepy looking smile. 'That's the thing, Odinson. I don't believe you. Because my daughter knows for a fact that you have it. Better yet, you are concealing it.'

Norvina stepped forward and held up a hologram on her hand. In the middle of the purple powers was a Katerina, who was hiding on the roof with Clint, Bucky, Rhodey and Sam.

Norvina's heavy voice had an angry, shaky tone as she spoke. 'She possesses the Gem. I will kill her before I let her get away with it.'

'We'll see about that.' Wanda said protectively. 'I'll skin you alive before you go anywhere near my sister.'

'Is that a challenge?' Rigel, Norvina's brother playfully asked, his eyes darkening as he did so, starring at the youngest Maximoff girl with a look of hunger on his face, desperate for the taste of blood.

Natasha stood protectively in front of Wanda, making the boy's eye return to normal. He was slightly scared by the midgardian women. Natasha held no enhanced power yet she was prepared to fight them using her bare hands, she could easily get killed here but she didn't care. She'd do anything for this weird, dysfunctional family.

'I'm going to give you one last chance, because I'm nice like that.' Caliban shrugged. 'Send out the girl, we'll take her and go. Don't send her out and I'll let my children and army destroy your precious planet.'

'Uhm,no.' Thor shrugged. 'How about I destroy you instead?'

'Game on, Odinson.'