Chapter twenty-seven: Time jumps

Warning: many time jumps.

Two months later.

Tony stood on the balcony of the avengers facility, looking down at his team with a smile on his face.

It was the middle of summer and a scorching hot day. The team had taken a day of to lounge around in the sun and enjoy some time together.

Clint had brought the family over to enjoy the barbecue that Sam had set up. Laura was helping Wanda with drinks, the kids were playing with Thor and Bucky while Natasha cuddled baby Nathaniel, Loki and Kat were sat at the edge of the pool sharing a book and Rhodey and Vision were discussing politics on the sun loungers.

Vision had separated himself from the group to sit with Rhodey after Sam and Clint joking put sunscreen on him after declaring his face 'Red-er than a tomato' and Rhodey followed after him feeling bad for him.

'Hey. Whatcha doing?' Pepper asked, sneaking up behind Tony and rubbing his back with one hand.

'Just keepin' an eye on the fam.' Tony smiled. Pepper giggled and nodded.

They both stood in silence as they overlooked their weird little family. 'They're pretty great aren't they.' Pepper said as her hand grazed over her belly. 'Our kid'll be so lucky to have them for aunts and uncles.'

'Yeah, they'll-' Tony's head snapped to look at Pepper. His eyes flickered down to see her with a hand on her slightly raised belly. 'You're?'

'Yes.' She giggled again happily.

'How long?'

'Three months. I wanted to wait to tell you because of everything that-'

Tony pulled her in for a kiss and held her tight. He pulled back and started jumping frantically. 'Oh my god, I'm gonna be a father. You're going to be a mommy and oh you'll be the best mother! Ah! Can I tell the team?'

'Of course.'

'HEY GUYS! UP HERE! No wait, we'll go down there. Ah screw it. PEPPER'S PREGNANT! IM GONNA BE A DAD!!'

There were a chorus of congratulations and whooping and screaming. Tony rushed Pepper down stairs to show her off proudly and to properly speak to his family.

As soon as Tony stopped in front of the team he felt arms go around him. He clutched Katerina tight as she hugged him. 'I'm so happy for you Tony! For you both.'

'Thank you, Kat.'

////////////
Three months later

'Kat?' Loki knocked on his girlfriends bedroom door.

'Yeah?' She opened the door dressed in casual clothes. Black leggings, a plain white tee and a grey jacket. She had her sneakers in her hands and was preparing to go. 'Sorry, I haven't got long. I'm going with Pepper to find a-'

Loki cut her Of with a kiss. '-crib.' She mumbled as he pulled away.

'Okay, maybe I have like 10 minutes.'

/////////////