Chapter twenty-six: Happy

'Hey Loki, you wanna do something tonight?' Kat asked as she sat down on the couch in the living room, two seats over from him.

The god lowered his book and gave her a suspicious look, narrowing his eyes and pursing his lips. 'Why?'

Katerina shrugged. 'Wanda's been travelling around Europe with Vision for two months, Natasha and Clint have been at his farm with his fam for a month and a half and Steve, Sam, Bucky and Tony have been in Wakanda for three months. They may not come back if they can't detach Tony from Shuri's lab and I am so bored.'

'Well with nobody to annoy that's bound to happen.' Loki dryly joked, returning to his book. 'Sorry Kat, I really want to finish this book while I'm into it.'

'Okay...fine.' Kat stood up slowly. 'I guess I'll go and see what Thor's doing. Maybe he's in the gym where I can stare at his big muscles and he can impress me with his strength.'

Before Kat could go on any further, Loki wrapped his arms around her and tackled her to the couch.

She let out a girly squeal as she hit the soft sofa. She looked up at Loki's green eyes starring down at her as his face was close to hers and silently celebrated as she had got her way.

'You're being devilishly daring today my dear. Are you sure you want to test me?' Loki said with a low voice.

Kat was feeling brave, a buzz of excitement flowing through her and butterflies in her tummy. She shrugged. 'Why? What're you gonna do?'

Loki was thrilled by her answer. The back and forth flirting has been going on for a while now and this is closest they had gotten to actually making a move, and Loki loved the fact that it was Kat who had decided enough was enough and had decided to challenge him.

'I might just kiss you you know.' Loki gauged her reaction, watching as a her eyes glinted and a small smile rugged at her lips.

'I might just like that.'

Loki smirked a her before leaning down and his eyes closing as he softly pressed his lips to hers. She kissed back and they slowly sat up, Kat's legs draped loosely over Loki's as he deepened the kiss.

They pulled back at the same time. The pair of them unable to remove the smiles from their faces.

Thor happily strolled through the living room to get to the kitchen, stopping to look at his brother and friend sitting together with dorky expressions.

'What's happened? What are you two smiling about? Oh has Stark sent out videos of me talking to Mjiolnir via email again?'

Kat giggles. 'No, sadly we're not lucky enough for anything as funny as that to happen again.'

'Then what is it?' Thor asked.

'We're just happy, that's all Brother.' Loki returned to his book and Thor nodded.

'You know...' The god mischief begin speaking again. 'It boosts its performance?'

'What...?' Kat asked cautiously.

'Talking to Mjiolnir. It boosts his performance.'

'Oh thank god.' Kat breathed out. 'I thought you were talking about something else. I was gonna say, we're close Thor but not that close.'

'Oh.. OH!' Thor's went wide in realisation. 'I am so sorry Kat, I did not mean-'

'Don't worry about.' Kat laughed. 'Just be prepared to never live that down.'

Thor madly blushed as he looked down shyly and hurried into the kitchen.

'He's so cute.' Kat shook her head at her friend

'Cuter than me?' Loki asked.

Kat looked down at him and place sat hand on his shoulder. 'Most of the time yes.'

Loki rolled his eyes and went back to reading. Kat began to speak. 'He reminds me of a puppy.'

Loki chuckled in response and tried to finish his book, only to give up five minutes later and ended up in the cinema room with Kat, building a blanket fort with magic and watching You've Got Mail with an abundance of snacks.

As Tom Hanks kisses Meg Ryan in the end credit scene, Loki leaned over and whispered in Kat's ear 'When is Wanda coming home?'