Chapter nineteen: Feelings for Loki

The trip to Asgard was beautiful. The multicoloured tunnel that beamed us up startled me at first, making me cling onto Loki like a weird koala.

I met Heimdall and he guided us across the rainbow bridge and up to the palace, where we are now.

Loki has been teaching me how to speak to the King and Queen in the correct terms however as we now sold outside the throne room my mind went blank.

The guards announced we were here and the big golden doors opened. Loki noticed my nervous behaviours and took my hand in his. 'Stop being so nervous, you'll be fine.' His thumb traced over mine in a comforting manner and I nodded.

We stopped before the steps leading to the throne and Loki kneeled ok the ground, tugging my hand to let me know I should do the same thing.

I copied him and kneeled, only to hear a warm
chuckle. 'Stand, children.' The all father commanded. 'What is your name child?'

'My name is Katerina Maximoff, Your Grace.'

Loki never let go of my hand the whole time, something I was very grateful for. 'Why is it you have brought this young, Midguardian women to Asgard my son?'

'Father, Thor alerted us that you are familiar with King Caliban of Callisto. Caliban visited Earth three days ago and threatened the planet and people shall he not have the Callisto Gem returned. His daughter, Norvina, suspected that the Gem was in Katerina's possession but Kat has never even heard of this gem. Me and Thor thought it would be safer for Kat to remain here until the Caliston's leave Earth. We have come to ask your permission for her to stay here for the foreseeable future.'

'Foreseeable future?' I asked Loki confused.

'Is there a problem?' The women beside Odin, Loki told me her name was Frigga and she was his mother, asked me.

'No, of course not Your Highness.' I shook my head and tried to remain as polite as possible. 'Loki never disclosed to me the time frame of in which I would be away from Earth.'

Loki gave me a sympathetic look before continuing. 'Father, will you grant Katerina access to protect here on Asgard?'

'Tell me Loki, why should I?' The all father asked. 'There are over 7 billion Midguardians who are currently in need of protection. Why is Katerina any different?'

I could see what Odin was saying, I would be asking the same questions. 'Katerina is...different to the others. She possesses magic like me and mother and has a good heart. The Caliston's killed her brother two days ago and her sister is left on Earth to fight. Me and Thor both feel a strong bond with her, I need to protect her Father.'

Loki's answer was a lot more heart felt than I had imagined. Odin seemed shocked by his answer and nodded. 'Wait for my answer in the corridor, me and your mother will discuss this in private.'

Loki nodded and lead me out into the hall. 'Did that go well or?' I asked.

Loki shrugged. 'He didn't yell, so maybe.'

//////

As soon as Loki and Katerina we're out of sight Frigga turned to her husband. 'What do you think my love, can we help her?'

'I'm not sure darling.' Odin sighed. 'If it had just been Loki suggesting she stay here then i would automatically say no. But he has Thor's support. They both care for this girl and Caliban is a dangerous being, I believe it would be best she stay here.'

'Oh my love, I agree. And she has magic, I could feel her power from here. I believe Loki has grown soft for this girl. Addressing her by a nickname and holding her hand, showing such affections to her in front of us is significant.'

'Yes. Well let's hope she's as important as he makes out. I shall have Heimdall consult with Thor to ensure what Loki said is correct. For the time being she shall stay in the guest quarters.'

////////

A guard stepped out and said they Odin had requested to speak with Loki alone and told me they Frigga would like me to assist her on a walk around the palace.

Loki gave me a nod before disappearing into the throne room. Moments later Frigga emerged, a warm smile on her features.

She guided me through the palace, showing me grand rooms and beautiful ornaments and paintings before we settled in one of the smaller rooms in the palace.

I sat on the opposite side of the table to the beautiful queen as she had her servers prepare us tea. I thanked the young women as she handed me a delicate, golden teacup full of hot Asgardian tea.

I took a sip and nearly fainted in delight. It was sweet but not to sweet (the opposite of Wanda's, Wanda's tea usually tastes like she had dumped in half a bag of sugar) and wasn't too hot or cold, you could definitely tell it was tea for the gods.

'So, Katerina was it?' Queen Frigga asked and I nodded a polite yes. 'Ah, a lovely name. A name meaning 'pure' I do believe.'

'I've never heard that, that's nice.' I nodded. 'I'd never even thought of researching my name.'

The queen smiled. 'It is a pretty name. I heard Loki call you Kat earlier, is that a nickname bestowed upon you himself?'

'No, no. Pretty much everyone back home calls me that.' I explained and she nodded.

'Ah, I see. I must say...' The queen have a playful smile on her face and a daring sparkle in her eye. 'I was rather hoping that Loki had gave it to you.'

My brows furrowed almost automatically as I looked at her confused. 'May I ask, why is that?'

'Well... addressing someone by a nickname rather than their full name suggests that you are close with that person. Bonded if you will.'

I was still confused. What did she mean? That me and Loki had become close? Yeah of course, we're on a team, we've spent a lot of fine together. I'd consider him a close friend.

Queen Frigga sensed that I wasn't completely in understanding with her and furthered her answer. 'Here on Asgard, we have rules, etiquette, ways to behave when there is an attraction between two people.'

My face dropped. 'Attraction? Oh, no no no. There's no attraction between me and Loki I-'

'Katerina there is an obvious bond between you two.' The queen laughed. 'I could feel it as the pair of you walked in. The way he held your hand to comfort you and you didn't flinch. You looks you both shared showed love and maybe even a little passion. Loki isn't exactly...the loving kind Katerina. He doesn't show this open, caring side of him too often.'

I listened to every word she was saying, analysing her words and compiling them into a little folder that I could hopefully push to the back of my mind.

But as I met up with Loki an hour later, as soon as I saw the gods face, i realised that maybe I couldn't push her words to the back of my mind.

Do I have feelings for Loki? Does he have them for me?