Chapter twenty-one: Memorial

*While Kat, Wanda and the others were at SHIELD*

Tony Stark stood in the empty room of the left wing of the facility. He had been designing this side of the compound to be a tribute to fallen hero. Soon enough the entire wall would be full of photos and commemorative plaques to honour those who fought for the world.

'Uhm, excuse me?' Tony turned to see a delivery girl at the door. 'Delivery for Anthony Stark?'

'Oh yes, that's me.' Tony signed for the package and thanked the girl.

'Careful, is heavy.' She warned him as he took it from the crate it was being wheeled on. He nodded arrogantly, thinking that he could lift it no problem and picked it up anyways, only to realise she was right and it was back-breaking. The girl let out a snarky laugh and shook her head, once she was gone, he dragged the huge package over to the wall and leaned it up against the side.

The man sat on the floor and began opening the box. He smiled to himself when he saw the piece staring back at him. He had ordered a canvas painting of Pietro and was planning on hanging it in the other room.

He carried the panting to the other side of the floor down the hall using his Iron man hands from one of his suits and planted it against the wall. 'Perfect.' He smiled to himself.

He looked around proud at his and Pepper's creation. Half a floor dedicated to remembering loved ones. Where the team could go to remember and connect to their friends and family that they've lost.

Tony planned on just having a room dedicated to Pietro for the Maximoff girls. He couldn't help but feel their pain, losing someone you love is always hard, Stark often suffered anxiety filled nightmares regarding the loss of the ones he loves.

After placing a cover over the canvas, he began hearing loud bangs from outside. The man sighed and cautiously approached the window, of course, it was time. The Caliston's has returned.

//////////

'Kat? Kat c'mon. We're home.' Wanda woke me up when we had returned to the compound after our little visit to SHIELD's incarcerated.

Steve helped me out of the car and put an arm around me as we walked up the gravelly path, I could feel Loki's eyes burn into the back of my skull as we walked.

'We'll figure something out, ok?' Steve said and I nodded.

Bruce took me to his lab where he, Tony and Helen Cho did blood work to see if they could pick up on the Gem, comparing the part of the Gem from my ring with any particles found in my blood.

'Find anything?' I asked as Bruce walked back over to me.

'There were high level traces of the Gem.' Bruce nodded. 'I don't believe we have the level of technology to be able to fully remove the Gem.'

'Then we'll make it.' Tony jumped from his seat. He was frantic and red faced, on a mission to save his friend. 'Whatever you need, I'll fund it.'

'Tony, we'll need to extract the Gem from within her.' Bruce saw me panicking from the corner of his eye and walked over to reassure me I'd be okay. He placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him. 'You'll be ok, Kat. We'll figure this out.'

'Attention all Avengers, please all gather in the conference room. Captain Rogers has a royal visitor.'