Chapter twenty-nine: Kat-tastrophe

(This is quite a boring chapter. I've got a lot going on at sixth form right now so these chapters are just fillers. Sorry guys!)

I stood in the lab with Steve, Shuri and Tony. They had just finished designing the teams new suits and I had to leave with Natasha for a mission in twenty minutes.

'Seriously guys, Nat will string me up if I'm late.' I said as I scrolled through my Instagram. Peter and Shuri had been tagging us in memes recently and I kind of love it, although Steve and Bucky don't quite understand and Thor keeps on misquoting them, I think it's been refreshing for the group.

 Peter  and Shuri had been tagging us in memes recently and I kind of love it, although Steve and Bucky don't quite understand and Thor keeps on misquoting them, I think it's been refreshing for the group

Tony gave me my new suit and I got dressed. Nat gave me briefing and we were off.

——————

We dragged our asses back to the SUV and Natasha drove us home. The operation was a bust and we were both fighting to stay awake.

We walked into the facility to hear the shouting and giggling of kids. More specifically, Clint's kids.

'Damn I forgot, it's Father's Day.' Nat sighed. She paused and collected herself before putting on a happy face and running over to greet her nieces and nephews.

Father's Day. Huh, that's a day I haven't heard of in a while.

While everyone was celebrating with Clint and Tony, I sat in the bar stool opposite and watched with a smile on my face. I could literally feel the love in the room.

I felt a an arm go around me and hold onto my arm. I saw a wave of ginger hair and thought it was Nat. But this hug felt a little familiar.

I looked to my left and saw Wanda with a fresh mop of ginger locks. 'That's new.'

'Do you like it?' She but her lip and twirled one of the curls. 'Nat helped me do it. She said we could all do with a bit of spraying up.'

I giggled at her choice of phrasing. 'Do you mean sprucing up?' My Sokovian accent almost butchering the word.

'Yes. Well, Nat's waiting for you in the bathroom.' She told me and I nodded. We sat together for a few moments watching our adopted fam in all their loving glory before I kissed her on the head and slipped of down to the bathroom just off of the living quarters, knowing that Nat has chosen to chemically stink out the place for everyone.

'Hey Nat- Woah....' As I opened the door for the bathroom I was met with the biggest surprise.

Natasha was stood behind Thor was buzzers in her hand. His beautiful golden locks now decorating the marble tiles of the floor.

Thor sat with a disappointed look on his face. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. 'Aww Thor, what has the nasty Russian done to you?

Natasha narrowed her eyes at me with a smirk playing on her plump lips. 'For your information, Katerina, Thor asked for some hair help.'

'I asked for you to braid Loki's hair into mine and visa versa.' Thor stood from the chair and looked in the huge mirror. He examined his hair before looking impressed at Nat. 'It looks...surprisingly good. Thank you Natasha.'

The pair shared a hug before he ran to show off his new look. I looked over at Natasha with a stern glare. 'You ruined our Labrador.'

'It'll grow back. Besides, he looks even hotter now.' She dusted of the seat and basically forced me into it. 'Now, relax my little doll. Auntie Nat's gonna make you look beaut-i-ful!'

/////////

The team were sat in the dining room eating dinner when it happened. Tony almost chocked on his food, Thor's jaw dropped, Wanda had to hold back from screaming and Steve wanted to cry.

Natasha basically skipped while pulling me behind her. Her new shirt white hair framing her features perfectly as she did so.

Me on the other hand. The was a loud screech and running. I turned to see Pepper and her bump power walking towards me. She took my hair in her hands and inspected it.

'Oh my god it's not a wig! Romanoff what did you do?'

'Calm down Pepp, its just dye.' Natasha shrugged and walked away, taking her seat besides Bruce at the table.

'Kat.' Pepper's hand covered her mouth in shock.

'Is it really that bad?' I asked concerned, only now worrying I had just let a crazy lady put chemicals on my head and change quite a prominent part of me.

Pepper and answered at the same time.
'Yes' 'No!'

I looked over at Tony to see him smirking. 'It looks great! You could be in rock band.'

'Oh no...' I sadly took my seat in between Bucky and Sam, opposite Thor and Loki.

I ate my carrots with Bucky starring at me. 'What?' I finally asked.

The old dude shrugged. 'I've never seen a colour like that before.'

I groaned and let my head fall into my hands. What the hell have I done?

 What the hell have I done?