Chapter 7: Getting personal

I'd locked myself away for a couple of days. I came down with the flu and really needed to focus on writing music and forming a band after my meeting with Elektra... at least that's what I told myself. It totally wasn't because I was too embarrassed to show my face.

Ashley came over a couple of times to see how I was getting on and she bought some groceries. Maggie had broken her ankle so she wouldn't be dancing for a long time and Sean was looking after her. I felt kinda bad because Gloria was snowed under at the club and she could really do with some help.

I hadn't seen any of the guys and I was glad. Me and Ashley still couldn't remember much from that night, and what we could remember was extremely fuzzy and it got worse as the days passed.

It was late, I was starting to go crazy from the isolation and my fingers hurt from playing the guitar morning till night. I decided to finally give myself a break and ran myself a bubble bath. I lit some candles and poured myself a glass of Rosè and started to unwind.

I put my head back and closed my eyes as I let the hot water relax my muscles... I started to feel myself drift off to sleep but I was startled when I heard someone knocking on the front door. I wasn't sure if I'd started to dream or if someone really was knocking so I hesitated, but then it started again...

Nikki's POV:
I had been out on the strip every single night, and Liv was no where to be seen. I didn't miss her or anything, but I at least wanted to make sure she was okay, you know. She took off without saying bye so I thought I'd go round and see her.

I knocked on her door and waited but there was no answer. I thought it was odd considering I could see light coming from underneath her door so I knocked again and there still wasn't any answer. I started to get a little frustrated so I rested my hands against the door frame and started to kick it with the toe of my boot.

"What the fuck!?" She yelled as she swung the door open.

She stood there with a towel wrapped around her, all fresh faced and the ends of her hair were dripping wet.

"It's nice to know you're alive!" I snapped.

"What!? Of course I'm alive!" she snapped.

"It's a figure of speech, Liv. Nobody's seen or heard from you in days" I said, still kinda pissed off with her tone.

"Okay? What's your point?" She asked as I frowned at her.

"Well...where have you been?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

She looked at me blankly. "I've been sick and had shit to do. Now if you don't mind, I'm going back to my bath" she said as she tried to close the door but I put my foot in the way to stop her.

She looked down at my foot and looked back up at me. She looked pissed...

"What do you want Nikki!?" She snapped as she swung the door back open and crossed her arms.

Before I could even think, the words left my mouth...

"You" I snapped back as I got in her face a little bit.

Her face dropped and for once, she was actually speechless. I couldn't blame her though, I was pretty shocked those words actually left my mouth. I knew I needed to say something quick!

"Now that you've finally shut up... I'm gonna go grab us some food and we're gonna watch a movie and we're gonna talk" I said.

She crossed her arms and cocked her eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and turned away as I started to walk off towards the elevator.

"Wait!" She yelled after me.

I turned around and saw her little head poking out of the doorframe.