Chapter 18: Changes

"I think I'll have the Surf n Turf, please" I said as I closed the menu and handed it back to the waiter.

"I'll have the same, thank you" Sharon said.

I started to sip on my lemonade awkwardly. I'd been spending a lot of time with my dad and I'd really made some great strides with my music. Having him there helped me write down exactly how I felt about him... Dave... Nikki... even my mom! Surprisingly, he listened to all of it.

I could see how much he was really trying and with Ashley and Vince out of town still, Gloria and Sean being busy at the club and Maggie doing her thing, I decided to show some level of maturity and took my dad and Sharon out for dinner.

"So... have you got anything lined up?" Sharon asked.

"What do you mean?"

I could immediately see my dad on edge, thinking I was going to kick off, but I was just asking a simple question.

"Well, shows and things" she shrugged.

"I've not even formed a band yet" I smirked.

My dad laughed awkwardly as he looked at her. Honestly I didn't even know why I was putting myself through this trauma!

"Have you got anyone lined up or have you put an ad out?" She asked.

"Not a fucking chance is she putting an ad out! Not after that psycho stalker" my dad bellowed.

Sharon rolled her eyes and looked back at me.

"I've been told about a drummer, she's called Athena it's my friend Tommy, his sister..." I said.

"So you're thinking... maybe an all girl band? Like The Runaways?" She asked as she took a sip of wine.

"Runaways? Who's a runaway?" My dad asked as he zoned back in, clearly completely off his tits.

"Ozzy! Nobody is a runaway, we're talking about the band. Just keep your voice down" Sharon snapped as she looked round and apologised to the other diners.

I smirked and looked awkwardly at my dad. She was ballsy, I'll give her that.

"You know that band... with Joan and Lita?" She asked.

He nodded his head, not understanding a word we were saying.

"Honestly I'm not fussed if it's all girls or mixed, I just really want to find musicians that see the same vision that I do... I want my music to be something new... a little heavier... grungier" I said excitedly.

"Well the reason I was asking was because, I actually bumped into Lita the other day. I know she's trying to make it back in the business again... you could give her a shot if you're looking for a guitarist" she shrugged.

It wasn't the most awful idea. Lita was good but, without trying to be completely obnoxious, she was quiet me. I was gonna do guitar and vocals but I guess if I gave someone else the torch, it meant I had more time to interact with the audience and get them fired up.

"I'll definitely think about it... did you get a number?" I asked.

"Yeah! Uhhh..." She started to fumble around with her bag and I glanced over at my dad. His eyes were fucking huge but he just kept smiling at people really creepily.

I noticed the door behind him open, and in walked this huge guy with a big fur coat. I looked at him and I realised it was Dave... with a girl!

My face instantly turned sour. I know I had shit going on with Nikki, but I was a typical Leo. I had always been very "Me! Me! Me!" and I wanted everybody to love me.