Chapter 57: Wyoming

Our time in Wyoming had been so magical. It was the most beautiful place I'd visited and I was so glad I got to share it with Nikki. Our chalet was the highest one in the complex and it led directly onto the slopes. It was surrounded by pine trees dusted with snow. There was a jacuzzi, a stone fireplace and everything was made out of dark wood. It was like something straight out of a Christmas hallmark movie.

We really tried to make the most of the time we had. We had been shopping, we went to a yak sanctuary, ate at some amazing restaurants, went to a elk refuge, took candle lit bubble baths and cooked dinner together, and Nikki tried teaching me how to fish. He made it look so easy but I was awful at it. It was something he did with Tom when he was a kid and I wanted it to be as special as possible for him so I made us a little picnic and I tried to give it my all but I kept snapping the line and getting it hooked on rocks and all kinds of things.

So far there hadn't been a single argument, we hadn't even bickered which was completely groundbreaking for us. Maybe it was because we were in a place where nobody knew who we were, there was no paparazzi following us, there was no Sean or Doc constantly calling about Elektra's demands or pending lawsuits, there was no pressure from our bands about what our next move was. It was just me and Nikki and for the first time in a long time, I could relax - we both could.

Today we decided to finally go snowboarding. I'd been pestering Nikki all week to get out there, so I woke us up super early and we headed out to the top of one of the mountains to watch the sunrise. It was honestly one of the most precious moments of my life.

"Are you going to be okay?" Nikki asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah! We're only going down this hill, it's not that hard" I said, pulling my goggles down. "Last one down's a rotten egg!" I giggled.

I brushed his hand off of me and set off.

"WOOHOO!" I giggled as I started flying down the slopes.

Nikki waited a few seconds before following me down. I got a little cocky considering it was my first time snowboarding and I couldn't even strap myself in at first. I ended up falling flat on my face and carried on going down slope a little further.

I managed to dig my board into the snow to stop me and Nikki caught up to me. His sides were splitting but me? I was pretty much eating snow.

"We're only going down this hill, it's not that hard" he mocked.

"Oh shut up! We can't all be a pro like you" I sulked. I tried to stand up but I couldn't find my balance so I fell flat on my face again.

He let out a little giggle. "Stop being dramatic, it's not that hard. Remember when we stole Tommy's skateboard? It's kinda like that but different" he smirked.

I looked up at him, completely confused.

"Do you want me to show you or is this yet another thing you think you can do on your own?" He smirked.

I cocked my head to the side and looked at him disapprovingly.

He rolled his eyes. "Come here, I'll show you" He put his hands under my arms and lifted me back to my feet.

He turned us around and held my hands.

"Okay so in skateboarding your weight has to be back, right? But in snowboarding, your weight has to be centred"

I held his hands tightly as we started to slowly glide down the slope.

"Like this...

...Okay now go with your shoulders, not your knees"