Chapter 16: Dad?

"Here we go. Tea. No sugar. Just the way you like it" he said as he walked over to the sofa with a cup of tea and sat down next to me.

"Thanks" I mumbled as I grabbed one of the mugs off him and put my legs up on the coffee table.

I let out a deep sigh as I waited for him to tell me why he was here, although I already had a good idea why.

"So come on! Tell your old man what's been going on in Ollie's world" he said cheerily. I couldn't stand this new facade he'd developed since he'd been with Sharon.

"Oh! You know...same old" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well, I saw you've been causing a bit of trouble... again" he said disapprovingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped as I shrugged and looked up at him. Oh god... here it comes...

"Well...is it true about you and Dave?" He asked.

I looked down and smirked. "So now we're getting to the truth of why you've really shown up here, after you haven't even called to see how I'm doing in over 12 months!" I snapped as I grabbed a cigarette and lit it.

"I'll take that as a yes" he sighed as he looked away and shook his head.

"It was 3 years ago, why does it matter?" I asked.

"Because you're my daughter! I can't have you running around with my friends behind my back!" He snapped.

I rolled my eyes. "So we're gonna do the whole 'do as I say, not as I do' thing now, dad? Really? That's fucking rich coming from you, especially when Sharon was mums friend once upon a time" I snapped.

"It's different..." he said as he tried to backtrack.

"Yeah, the difference is I was young and naive. You were a grown, married man with a fucking family!" I shouted over him.

He didn't say anything but my God, I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my head.

"I don't want you seeing him anymore..." he said sternly.

"You can't just show up here, chastise me and then bark orders as if I'm gonna listen to you! We live in the same city! We have the same friends and go to the same bars! What do you expect me to do? Just walk by him in the street and not say hello!?" I said.

"Well unless you can find your own place you aren't going to be here much longer anyway" he snapped.

Excuse me... I moved my head back and my face went sour.

"I was already on my way here when I saw that magazine. I was coming to tell you that..." he stopped and sighed.

"What?" I asked, impatiently.

"Me and Sharon... we're getting married and we've decided to sell this place to help with some of the costs" he shrugged.

I felt like I'd been sucker punched in the gut.

"You're what!?" I felt like any air I had in me came out with those words.

"I love her and I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for her... if you just gave her a chance you'd see..." he started to ramble.

"Are you joking!? You were doing just fine in Sabbath long before she came along! And now you're throwing me out!?" I started to yell.

"Yeah but the Sabbath days are over, and I know you're struggling to deal with that but you need to let it all go" he shrugged.

"Why is everything so easy for you!? It was easy to push uncle Tony and Geezer...and even Bill of all people away, it was easy to leave mum, it was easy to abandon me..." I started to rant.