Chapter 35: Release Party (Part 1)

"Baby! Are you coming down!?" Dave hollered from down the marble staircase.

"5 more minutes! Perfection takes time you know!" I yelled as I fiddled with the backs of the diamond earrings Dave bought me in New York.

I could almost hear the eye rolls coming from downstairs.

Olivia's outfit

"Liv! Come on dude! Move your ass! I need tequila and I needed it fucking yesterday!" Athena groaned.

I rolled my eyes and huffed as I finally fixed my earring. I grabbed my glittery clutch bag from the bed and applied a little more clear lip gloss to my lips. I gently pressed against my false lashes to make sure they were stuck on properly and squirted a few more pumps of Chanel no.5 across my body to make sure I smelt extra good. I took one last look at myself in the mirror, making sure the red silky straps of my dress hadn't tangled and sat properly as they exposed my back. I smoothed my dress over and took a deep breath.

I was super nervous for tonight. I was so excited to see Ashley and the girls from the club again, I felt like it had been forever! But I knew if I invited them, I had to invite everyone... Including Nikki. Part of me hoped Sean missed his name off the guest list but, I guess the other part of me still wanted him there.

I walked into Dave's en suite and opened up the drawer underneath the basin, grabbing the bag of blow he had hidden in there. It was just one bag of many that had been poorly stashed around his home. I needed something to take the edge off so I checked the door was closed and scooped up some of that sweet white powder with my acrylic nail and held it up to my nose as I sniffed it all in one go. I quickly put it back exactly how I found it so Dave wouldn't notice, he was fine with me doing it - as long as he was the one giving it to me. I quickly rubbed my nostril and within seconds, I felt my heart begin to race as the drugs kicked in and the fake, drug induced confidence took over me.

***

We took a limo over to Couture Hollywood with Athena, Duff and Slash who had become a temporary member of our band, but I was really thinking about letting him take Lita's spot. On the way over, we were drinking from bottles of Cristal and doing all kinds of drugs. We were a complete fucking mess and I had no idea how we were gonna perform our songs, but I guess being a new band that was about to go straight in at the top, the wealth and status that had already come with it and the fact Dave, who was the biggest party animal in the world, was there - it was to be expected, but that didn't mean it wasn't a recipe for disaster.

We were welcomed by a red carpet, a press board, and a tonne of paparazzi and journalists holding microphones and tape recorders that had been restricted behind metal crowd control barriers. As we pulled up I could see thousands of people screaming and waving, it felt incredible knowing they were here for us.