Chapter 13: Scandal

Nikki's POV:
We were all sitting around on the balcony of Doc's hotel room, listening to the chart show on the radio. I could feel myself shaking as we listened in. Could you imagine if we went number one!? I looked around at the guys and I could tell they were just as anxious as I was. Vince was biting his nails. Tommy was pacing. Doc and Mick we're having a cigarette and a beer as they leaned against the balcony rail but neither of them were talking.

"So we are finally into your top 10! And this week, 10th place goes too... Under Pressure by David Bowie and Queen!"

Holy shit! We were above Bowie and fucking Queen!? They were awesome! Even if we didn't end up #1 that was an achievement in itself!

I let out a deep breath and put my head in my hands as I continued to bounce my leg. I thought about Liv and how much she loved this song. I wondered if she'd be listening in too. I could just visualise her dancing around and trying to sing both parts.

The songs kept counting down and it was down to us and The Police with Every Little Thing She Does is Magic. My heart was about to fall out of my ass! I could feel myself getting dizzy and I wanted to vomit.

"So this week, we have a new Number 1! Mötley Crüe have finally knocked The Police off the number 1 spot!"

I jumped up, punching the air with my fist. We started handing out bro hugs and the phone started to ring non stop, Doc answered it while we started to open up some bottles of Jack and Vodka. Zatuat called doing the predictable "congratulations" call. He didn't give a shit about us, that fucker was just happy he was getting paid. Doc hung up and came back outside.

"So... what club are we hitting first, boys?" He smirked.

"Dude! Did you see that strip club on our way over here!? We should head over there!" Tommy said excitedly.

The phone started to ring again but this time Mick went and answered it. I looked at him through the glass door and I could see him smiling. I knew he was talking to Gloria and I wondered if Liv was with her too.

"Hey man, where you going?" Tommy said quietly as he stopped me from walking in.

"I'm just gonna go see if Liv's with the girls" I smiled.

"Alright man! You better make it quick" he giggled as he playfully slapped my shoulder.

Mick looked over and frowned at me as he continued smiling to himself and talked quietly into the phone.

"So you guys are getting as fucked up as we are?" He chuckled.

"Hey! Mick! Mick!?" I whispered as I waved my hands, trying to grab his attention.

"What!?" He mouthed as he took the phone away from his ear and placed his hand over it.

"Is Liv with her?" I asked.

"Hey, is uhhh... is Liv with you? Nikki's here and I think he wants to talk to her" He asked.

I could hear her say something but I couldn't make out what it was.

Mick frowned a little and shook his head. It was kinda odd that Liv wouldn't be there. She was the definition of a party and never turned one down.

"Come on man! We're getting outta here" Tommy said excitedly as he put his arm around me. Vince grabbed the phone off Mick and hung up.

I looked at Mick, waiting for him to erupt, but he just rolled his eyes and shook his head.

***

We went to strip clubs, bars and everything in between. It had been hours, I'd done so much blow my nose had bled, I'd drank my body weight and then some in Jack. I didn't even know what city I was in. Vince had been boning some chicks in the restroom of each club we went into, Tommy was convinced he had met the love of his life, Doc had passed out somewhere and me and Mick were about ready to call it a night.