Chapter 69: Tommy and Heather

Nikki's POV:
"She's really gonna marry me, huh?" Tommy said giddily as he checked himself out in the mirror. "This isn't some kind of a sick joke is it? He added as he pulled on his bow tie and tried to fix it into place.

"Life's a sick joke" Mick laughed as he took a gulp of vodka from the bottle.

"Hey what time is it? I think we should get out there." Tommy asked, still fucking around with his tie as Mick checked his Rolex.

"Hey, Nikki! Let's hit it!" Tommy said with a raised voice.

I was completely out of it on the couch. I'd done a big hit and fallen asleep with my shades on trying to hide how lifeless my eyes were. The truth was, I just didn't wanna be here. It sounded shitty of me but why the fuck did I want to watch my best friend, my brother, marry some new chick when I was waiting on my divorce papers coming through the door any day now.

"You guys ready?" Tommy asked Mick and Vince as he fixed his cufflinks.

The guys nodded and Tommy looked back at me, still completely out of it.

"Yo best man, let's go! I got a wife waiting. Come on!" He yelled.

He looked back at the guys as if Mick wasn't shit faced and Vince wasn't completely off his face on sleeping pills, and walked over to me. "Are you fucking kidding me!?" He said through gritted teeth.

He ripped my sunglasses from my face. "Hey! Nikki! Wake up, asshole!" He yelled as he slapped my cheeks.

I pulled my head back and squinted my eyes. "What the fuck dude!?" I said groggily.

"Jesus!" Tommy groaned.

"I'm good... it's all good" I said, trying to sound convincing.

"You're most definitely not all good, man. But, whatever, just clean — HEY!"

As I tried to stand up, I was so out of it I fell straight onto the table. Tommy grabbed me and shook me as he held me up.

"Get your shit together, man! I don't want Heather to be embarrassed, okay!?" He yelled. He gave me a pat on the arm and glared at me as he walked away.

I guess it was just too much and my emotions were over spilling.

"I'm embarrassing? Oooh" I slurred as I took a sip from a bottle of beer.

Tommy shot me the death glare as he still tried to fix his bow tie.

"Let's go marry your fancy ass TV chick in this fancy ass house" I slurred as I swung the bottle around, spilling it all over myself and the floor.

"Hey! Are you gonna do this on the happiest day of my life, asshole!?" Tommy yelled. He was seething.

I leaned forward. "The happiest day of your life?" I asked as I shook my head. "Nah, the happiest day of your life was when I let you join my band" I said as I took another sip of beer.

Tommy ripped off his tie and scrunched it up in his hand as he walked away.

"Shall I get someone else to stand up there with me or what!?" He yelled as he turned back and looked at me.