Chapter 56: Surprise

I felt the warm sun caress my Californian bronzed skin through our bedroom window and soft kisses gently trickle down my neck.

"Good morning Mrs Sixx" Nikki whispered in his gravelly morning voice.

He smirked and rested his forehead against mine. My arm was already draped across him, but I felt him wrap his arm around my waist a little more as he pulled me further into him.

I instantly smiled, my eyes were still closed, trying to keep hold of that sleepy haze I was in for just a little longer. "I'm still not used to hearing people call me that" I smirked.

"Yeah? Well you better get used to it... wifey" he smiled.

I giggled and blinked a couple of times as I finally opened my eyes. I draped my leg over his waist and relaxed into him. I squinted at the alarm clock on Nikki's side. "9:30!?" I groaned. I buried my face somewhere in between his hair and his neck and went back to enjoying the peaceful bliss of married life.

Nikki began softly rubbing my back and I could feel myself starting to drift back off to sleep but he pulled away.

"Where are you going?" I asked, groggily.

I tried to keep hold of his hand as he slipped out of the sheets,  but he turned around and gently ran his fingers through my hair. He rested his hand against my cheek and forced me to look up at him. "Go back to sleep, I got a few things I gotta get done but I promise you, I'll be back soon" he said.

He kissed my cheek,  then the tip of my nose, and then he finally kissed my lips while I continued to frown at him in confusion. I scooted over to Nikki's side of the bed and buried my head into his pillow. He pulled the sheets back over me and stroked my hair. "I love you, baby"

"I love you too" I mumbled as I started to drift back off to sleep. I was so exhausted from the tour, I couldn't keep my eyes open even if I wanted too.

CRASH!

I leapt out of my sleep and rapidly brushed my hair out of my face. I swear I only shut my eyes for two seconds.

"Nikki!?" I called out.

I looked over at the alarm clock and it was around 2:30. 5 whole hours had passed. I threw the covers off of me and grabbed my satin robe. "Nikki!?" I called out  a little louder as I tied my belt and rubbed my eyes.

I swung the bedroom door open and as I stepped out, I noticed the floor was covered with red rose petals that led off into the bathroom. I raised my eyebrow and cocked my head to the side.

What the hell have you been up to Sixx?

I looked up and saw a piece of paper that had been torn out of one of our lyric books taped to the balcony, complete with Nikki's scratchy handwriting. I walked towards it and bent down to take a closer look.

Follow the petals —>

I smirked and slowly walked towards the bathroom. I could feel my cheeks burning from how hard I was smiling. I opened the door slowly and peered round. The rose petals led over to the bath that was decorated with candles, bubbles and even more petals.

I started to walk a little further into the room when I heard something clink behind me. I turned around and caught Nikki placing down our bath caddy on the counter. It was full of fresh fruits, fruit juices and my favourite - French toast and bacon from Roberto's. I'd know that smell anywhere.

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "You like it?" He asked. He had his shy smile on and he was hiding behind his hair.

"Like it!? Are you kidding me!? I love it!" I beamed. I looked around taking it all in and appreciating every detail.