Chapter 23: Snake in the grass

A/N: I've had a couple of messages regarding the songs that Liv sang in the last chapter. I'll attach links to them all at the end of this chapter ❤️.
____________________________________

Lita's POV:
I couldn't believe my eyes as I looked up and saw Nikki standing there! He was my first love and it tore me to pieces when we broke up. He took care of me and helped build me back up after the band separated.

"Hey stranger!" I squealed. I couldn't help but run and jump up on him. It felt so good being back in his arms.

"Hey!" He giggled. "You were awesome out there!" He said as he put me down.

"Thanks! Hey, I heard you finally got your band off the ground, I take it things with London didn't work out, huh?" I smirked as I finally pulled away.

"Yeah we just wanted the band to go in different directions but I guess it worked out better for me" he giggled. I'd missed his laugh and that gorgeous smile.

An awkward silence fell over us as I gazed at him. I looked him up and down and admired every single thing about him.

"What are you doing here anyway!?" I asked as I tapped my arm and bit my lip slightly, trying to flirt.

"I'm actually looking for Liv" he said as he tried to look past me.

Ugh, of course he does! Why does everyone always wanna talk to Liv!? Why does he wanna talk to Liv!? Me and Liv hadn't spoken about Nikki but from what I read, those guys were toast!

"Oh! She went to go talk to her dad, she'll be here in a minute if you wanna wait" I said as I looked back.

The more alone time I had with Nikki, the better! I knew he'd always hold a torch for me and this meant I could get my claws back into him, after all, that was the only reason I was here. Liv's music sucked, it was who she was that made her famous and that's why I was using her as a stepping stone to where I wanted to be. A rockstar with Nikki by my side.

"Uhhh... when you see her can you tell her I'm waiting for her outside. I'm gonna go for another cigarette" he said.

"Yeah sure! I need to get changed out of all this leather" I smirked.

He smiled and walked back outside. I didn't take my eyes off him the entire time. I needed to come up with a plan to get him on his own and away from Liv and I needed to come up with one quick...

I'm sure I saw Dave hovering around upstairs with Ozzy at one point...

As I turned around to walk back out, the door opened and I couldn't believe my luck as Dave walked through the door. It's like the universe was on my side.

"Well if it isn't Diamond Dave himself" I smirked.

"Holy shit! Lita!? How's it going!? It's been a minute" he smirked as he gave me his usual charming smile and a hug.

"I'm go-" Dave was such an obnoxious little asshole, he never gave a shit about what anyone said and enjoyed the sound of his voice too much. Honestly, him and Liv were perfect for each other.

"Actually, I'm looking for Liv. Is she around?" He asked as he tried to look over me and into her dressing room.

"Uhhh... actually can I talk to you about something? It's about Liv..." I said.

It was risky. This was either going to blow up in my face big time and my career in music was going to be fucked or it was gonna work out for both of us...

"Uhhh...Sure?" He said as he chewed on some gum and frowned.

I pulled him into my dressing room and closed the door so nobody could hear.