Chapter 30: Discovery

"Honey! I'm home!" I yelled, jokingly, as I closed the front door behind me.

I walked into the kitchen with a smile on my face and placed the pizza boxes on the counter. I'd been gone a while after I got caught up talking to some fans, so I got some of those chicken tenders she loved to try sweeten the deal - a hangry Liv was not someone you wanted to mess with.

I walked to the bottom of the stairs and listened to see if I could hear her but I didn't think she heard so I shouted up again so she knew I was home.

"Liv!? Dinners ready!"

I placed my foot on the step and I was about to walk upstairs but the phone started ringing. Obviously, I had to answer it in case it was the hospital or one of Liv's family members.

"Hello?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my hair and leaned against the wall as I pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hello? Could I talk to Liv, please?"

I frowned. I recognised that accent but I couldn't put my finger on where I'd heard it.

"Uhhh... who is this?" I asked.

"Ashley... who's this!?"

"Oh hey! It's Dave... Liv's just in the bath" I smiled. I'd known Ashley for years, I met her originally at The Veil, we weren't best friends but anytime we bumped into each other we always said hello so, it was nice to hear a familiar voice.

"Oh my god! How is she!? Is she okay!?" She started firing questions at me left, right and centre.

"She's... holding up... you know what she's like though, she bottles it all up and puts on a brave face for the world" I sighed.

"Did her mom... did she really overdose?" She asked. She sounded like she was whispering a little.

"Uhhh..." I didn't wanna go spilling the beans on Liv's business but it was literally on the cover of every magazine, plus Ashley knew literally everything about Liv... so I decided to tell her what we knew, which honestly wasn't a whole lot, but it must have really bought it all home just how serious this all was.

"Shit! That's so fucking awful, I can't even imagine how she's feeling... I'll leave you guys to relax anyway, I'm sure it's been crazy over there... just tell her I called, okay? And ask her to call me when she gets chance" She said sympathetically.

"Will do"

I hung up and walked around to see if Liv had come down yet. I stood at the bottom of the stairs to see if I could hear her moving around upstairs but it was silent. I frowned and I had this feeling in my gut that something just wasn't right.

"Olivia!?" I snapped.

I knew she hated me talking to her in that tone, so if she could hear me, she'd snap back at me... but she didn't.

I walked upstairs and saw the bathroom door was ajar but I knew I'd shut it properly when I left earlier. I walked over and hesitantly pushed it open... what I saw shook me to my core.

Liv was under the water, the bottle of wine was empty and had fallen over along with the wine glass.

I felt like the air had been knocked right out of me. Without a second thought or a moment of hesitation, I ran in there and jumped in the bath fully clothed, scooping her up in my arms.

"Liv!? LIV!? Oh my god... What the fuck..." My hands were shaking and my body was trembling as I shook her and tapped her face.

I pulled her close to me to see if I could hear her breathing, and luckily she was but it was faint. I tried to put her in the recovery position to try and wake her up but it wasn't working, so... I turned on the shower and sprayed her with cold water.