Cant get you out of my mind! (Lonely Senpai x reader)

It was another school day, classrooms were filled with half asleep students trying to hang in there until the weekend came around.
Among the classrooms filled with lethargic teenagers was a boy by the name of Senpai. He sat cheerily, head propped against his hand. Blue eyes gazing dreamily at his long time crush, Y/n. Although saying it was a crush was an understatement, this was something much bigger.

"Y/n, oh dear Y/n..." Senpai thought to himself in awe as he watched you rifle through your bag for your pencil case.
Oh how he wanted to run over to your desk and pull you into a warm hug. He imagined playing with your (h/l), (h/c) hair and tell Y/n how much they mean to him. But he couldn't.
Senpai shook his head, and turned to face the front of the class now that it had begun.
His heart ached as he was still longing for Y/n, the only person who seems to truly care about him and made him feel genuinely happy. The only true friend he had, and the only one he has ever felt this way about. As much as Senpai loves Y/n, he was well aware of the situation it would put them in. He didn't ask to be so admired by other students, as much as he appreciated it they ended up getting in his way.
Senpai could never forget the first time he tried confessing to Y/n. He hated that he had let something so terrible happen to Y/n, that he couldn't protect them even if that's what he wanted to do the most.

~wooo flashback~

Y/n had gotten lost during the school festival, and ran into Senpai who was trying to stay away from the crowds. Y/n proposed to hang out with Senpai to protect him from the mob admirers, there was no way he could refuse such an invitation from his favorite person.
The fun lasted quite a bit until you both decided to take a break. Y/n told Senpai to wait at a bench while they got break snacks, so he did.
At that bench Senpai was so caught up in the time he had spent with Y/n. A goofy grin came to his face just thinking about how this was his lucky day.
"Looks like someone had a great day!" Y/n smirked holding out a bag of food for Senpai
"Yeah, thanks Y/n." He blushed, completely ecstatic. "Oh, and I also wanted to-"
"YEAH YOU GO SENPAI! DITCH THAT WORM!" A voice called from the bushes.
Senpai turned around and there was a squad of several admirers ogling at him.
"Y/n isn't-" But before he could finish his sentence Y/n spoke up against the group.
"I'm gonna save you all some trouble. First of all, you and all of your other people are preventing Senpai from making any friends. Second of all, I actually have to go so I'm wishing you all a great rest of your day!" and with that they were off.

~wooo flashback ended~

Senpai would've done anything to go back and change that from happening, the overwhelming regret that he could've ended the loneliness that haunted him for so long. He felt so selfish and cowardly that he couldn't stand it. Senpai's fist clenched tightly around the pencil he forgot he was holding and it snapped.
The color drained from his face, and thoughts filled his mind saying "Y/n isn't a worm, everyone else is! Nobody sees me as a person except Y/n, nobody actually cares about how I feel except Y/n! I don't need any of those worms, let them go back to feasting on dirt for all I care! Just get them out of my sight! I'd much rather be lonely than associate with them for trying to constantly ruin my chances to be with the only person who's ever made me feel alive."

"Senpai?" He felt a nudge on his shoulder.
It was Y/n in all their glory.
"Y/n!" He jolted.
"Senpai, what could you possibly been so spaced out?" Y/n giggled "You had me worried actually worried all class, you know?" They pouted.
Blushing at this, Senpai smirked "Oh Y/n so caring and thoughtful as always"
"Yeah yeah" Y/n rolled their eyes changing the topic "So what's got you so upset? Oh and before you say nothing I'm gonna say it's definitely something. You rarely clench anything that hard."
Senpai turned over to see his fist still clenched, he didn't know how to respond.
"Come on, who do I gotta punch in the nose?" Y/n joked.
"Y/n" Senpai finally stated, "Are you busy? There's something I wanted to explain."
"Nope not busy at all. But yeah, I'll be there" Y/n answered
"I didn't even tell you where and when" he replied.
"That doesn't matter to me, I promise. I'll see you after school!" Y/n smiled, giving him a friendly wink.

~whoa timeskip to schoolday ending~

"So what is it?" Y/n asked.
"Something private, I hope you don't mind going through the trouble of heading to my place" Senpai replied, extending a hand to Y/n.
Y/n smiled, blushing as took his hand as he lead them off to his house.

When they finally arrived, he hurriedly unlocked the door, slamming it behind him and lead Y/n up the stairs to his room before shutting that door as well.
"What's wrong Senpai?" Y/n's expression turned seriously worried.
"Y/n, I- I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I just couldn't take it anymore, and you're the only one I-"
A warm pair of arms wrapped around Senpai's now trembling body. Taking a deep breath inhaling Y/n's scent he calmed down.
"Y/n I know you say it's fine, but I feel like trash for not standing up for you back then..." Senpai took another deep breath "I never realized how selfish that was" he said, looking down.
"Whoa Senpai, I didn't take any of that personally. Those people are out of your control, I was just worried leaving you with them was a bad move" Y/n pulled away to look him in the eyes. "Besides, I would never want you to get hurt because I-"
"I love you." Senpai finished, with a look of admiration on his face.
Y/n's eyes widened in shock, covering their face with their hands.
"Aww Y/n I'm sorry for interrupting your confession, but to be fair you did the same just now." Senpai blushed.
"I what?!" Y/n asked, still in flustered shock.
"Oh you know~" Senpai smirked teasingly.
"No I don't!" Y/n replied confused as ever.
Perking up, Senpai took hold of Y/n's hands "You make me genuinely happy, like I'm actually a person rather than some goal, you don't pretend to care about me like everyone else does, you're always so thoughtful, considerate, adorable..."
Senpai looked at Y/n to see their expression which he had never imagined could be so flustered. It made him so proud, he could just kiss Y/n. In fact he leaned in did just that.

[🦐: this is so long I'm sorry, my brain went on a tangent but I hope you enjoy!]