You don't have to be OK

A/n🦐: So you like Senpai, right? You want him to wholeheartedly accept you despite whatever imperfections this world has lead you to believe you have? Well would you still love him if he were a weak emotionally vulnerable mess? After all if you don't love someone at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best~!
Tw: cussing and angst

It was another hazy day where it was supposed to be spring but felt like summer and school dragged on forever. Y/n groaned slumped over in their seat, at this point they were completely ignoring whatever was going on around them. They were so done with everything, and to make matters worse you wouldn't even get a break after the last day of school. There was still hell to prepare for, extra summer classes to take, registration/enrollment for next year, and all that fuckery. Of course to top it all off they themselves weren't doing so well, their life felt like an overwhelming nightmare just about to swallow them whole.

"Fuck it, fuck it all" y/n thought as they idly clenched their teeth with infuriation. Oh how badly they desired to flip a table at some people who deserved it.

"Y/n!" A stern voice called out, their teacher had caught them blatantly ignoring them. "Since you're obviously so well versed in the theta of all thetas why don't you do this problem?" The asshole of a teacher asked.

Whatever math from hell was projected on the screen looked like something out of a sci fi manuscript, or a drawing made by a three year old. Regardless, y/n couldn't tell a thing about what that was. "Fuck" y/n grumbled inaudibly before sitting up properly. "What I did was start with the circle" y/n explained as the teacher nodded at them. "And then I added on some loopy things and gave it a face, so now it's a bunny" they pointed out at their sheet of doodles.

Obviously teacher's approval disintegrated before everyone. Y/n's eyes narrowed, looks like they weren't able to get out of school easily today. Not that home was any better, if they went back there then they'd be nagged constantly about registering for all the summer classes everyone expected you to be taking and how you don't have time to be "lazing around" crying over fictional characters of chilling with their boyfriend, Senpai. Life was hard enough but of course the end of the school year brought on a whole new wave of stress, but ultimately it kept y/n from their vital need of actually calming down for once. 

Under normal circumstances whenever y/n had trouble staying calm Senpai was always there for them, this time they were so overwhelmed with things to do that they had no more time to spend with him. And this only made them worry more, what kind of partner simply had no time for their significant other? Y/n feared the worst and that unknowingly wasted up so much of the little time they did have with Senpai. During any lunches or breaks y/n wouldn't be left alone by their intrusive thoughts of whether they were truly deserving of their spot in life. They wanted to throw those thoughts out of the window the way Senpai had always done for them, but couldn't and didn't dare ask for help out of fear of being annoying.

At the end of class y/n saw the teacher motion for them to go over to their desk and sighed.

"Y/n I didn't know you were such a slacker." they sounded so disgusted to see this unmotivated side of you.

"And I didn't know you had such a dull sense of humor. Sorry sir, but I doubt I'd actually fail in the last few weeks. I'm still passing aren't I?" They retorted which the teacher pretended to ignore and motioned for you to go away.

Gladly walking off y/n caught up with Senpai who was waiting for them at the door.
"So bunnies today huh? You really do always draw things that are almost as cute as you are." Senpai commented as he took hold of their hand on the way out. Y/n's eyes were downcast not having the energy to form a response.

"And no bunny stands a chance against my y/n! You deserve more than anyone or anything could ever!" He added, hoping to cheer them up at least a bit.