Do you dare? Part 9: Trouble

🦐: ignore the fact that it's been like a year, I kinda forgor

"Y/n are you alright?!?" Senpai approaches with concern in his voice.

"Yeah, just don't look or I may projectile vomit on you!!" Y/n panicked trying to hide a blush as Senpai stepped back.

"Kyaa!" The other girl popped out of nowhere doing a very fake trip (which was enough to convince Senpai) launching a bucket of dirty clay water right at y/n with the bucket landing on their head.
Resounding silence filled the room as y/n stood there bucket clad and soaked Senpai rushed over to them.

"Y- y/n?" He gently lifted the bucket off of their head not knowing what to expect since they're such a wild card.

To his surprise y/n simply let out a small cough before muttering to themselves "Not again"

A small gag could be heard as the two turned towards Midori who had her hands on her hips with an unreadable look upon her face. "Y/n I think you need a break" She looked down at you. "You're being more of a distraction than help right now, here I can walk you outside-"

"Ah, don't worry about it Miyuki was it?" He put on his signature smile.

"Y- yes!" The girl blushes in response, not used to people actually remembering her name especially with y/n.

"Y/n's my friend, so I'll be taking them outside~" Senpai proceeds to take their hand and lead them away from the room with the bucket still on their head.

"Hey don't I get a say in this??" Y/n groaned internally, trying to yank the bucket off of their head once they got out of the classroom. They struggled immensely, unable to tell is Senpai was still there or not, but they didn't care. Once the bucket was off, it would be going in the bucket destroyer. "Stupid bucket" They muttered giving it a final tug with all their strength before losing balance and bracing themself for the fall damage.

It didn't happen though, as their vision clouded by clay still couldn't see what was happening. "Is feather falling... real?" They rubbed their eyes to see what was going on and found themselves in Senpai's arms while he was doing his best to hold back laughter.

"Don't you dare!" y/n winced, not wanting to make even more of a fool of themselves, suddenly realizing that they had been killing their pride exponentially from this hellish challenge.

"Huh? Sorry y/n I thought you'd get mad at me if I tried to help you." Senpai thought back to bucket headed y/n struggling like their life was about to end and shook his head resisting the urge to laugh at the situation. "Here, I can help get cleaned up-"

This time, he was the one getting cut off. "No." Y/n shook their head, pulling away from Senpai's touch. "I'll go clean myself off." They turned away, rushing towards a bathroom where they could lock themselves inside of.

Looking into the mirror at their dirtied fav wand hair, they muttered. "What am I doing? If I stick around him, there will only be more rumors like before..." Y/n pulled out their phone checking the time. "It's been 5 days and I've hardly made any progress other than being... kinda friends?" They let out a sigh. "I just wanna hole up in my room"

Senpai's POV:

"They ran off..." He thought to himself, still standing dumbfounded in the hallway. "Should I go after them? Is that too much? To be honest, I don't really really understand y/n at all." Senpai looked down at the bucket that was stuck on y/n's head. "I can't ever get a proper read on them... Sometimes they're cute and flustered, other times I feel like they hate me." He picked up the bucket. "Am I doing something wrong? I'm treating them friendly like I would everyone else, right? Well... maybe not like everyone else, but- that's it!"

~Back to our usual y/n's POV~

"Ugh... fuck it. I'm just gonna go home." Grabbing their bag, y/n headed in the opposite direction of where Senpai and Mestophiles were. "Maybe I'll get some ice cream too." They smiled, humming back to their usual nature. "Ice cream ice cream~"

"There you are y/n!" A familiar voice called out causing them to cringe and continue walking.

Senpai ran up next to them, so this time they could hear him. "I was wondering where you disappeared off to, I was so worried!"

"Worried about me? You should be worried about cleaning that club room." Y/n looked away coldly.

"It's fine! When I went back, Miyuki said she'd be willing to clean it all for me!" Senpai smiled.

"A pro manipulator, huh?" Y/n muttered under their breath. "Why are you following me? If it's your shirt you want back, I don't have it now, it's currently at home since I had to wash it."

Senpai gasped lightly "You still have it? I mean that's not what I'm here for, you can keep it if you want, but I was actually going to ask you something else~!"

"Psh- there's no way I'm keeping it, but go on I guess." Y/n scoffed at the thought of keeping Senpai's shirt even though they technically were already.

"Would you like to go get some ice cream with me?You know, as friends?" He looked down at y/n with puppy eyes.

🦐: I keep thinking I've moved on from working on Senpai content, but I always end up coming back to it. Senpai is my curse and I am purple guy 😫