Lost / I need to save her

For the first time or it's been awhile. Shayla's best friend has gotten an pov.

Carrie's pov~

It was somewhat quiet since my friend Shay has not been in contact with me. Only that one time when she told me she'd found a place, found work. Of course I was happy for her. God knows how many times I reiterated it to her. Thankfully and finally she had moved on.

And she needed to stop letting her family run her life. Especially that dusty husband of hers. I couldn't convince myself to come to like him. It was always something off about him. And when he came over to my place while she was still here plus those times afterwards. I knew I just had to move out of my apartment.

But to my dismay, the place that I was going to rent needed time to make some repairs, put an fresh coat of paint on the walls before I could bring my stuff there.

Fourteen days, time seemed to move so slow. Now it's the seventh day left. I just wanted to move because I didn't want anymore of an chance of Daniel coming over, badgering me about Shayla. I've moved on from his antics, so has Shayla. And there was no reason for me to see him anymore.

Because of one factor, that was my friend. And she didn't want to be found. I would do that much to keep her safe. But I didn't know where she was also, I wished she could've told me. Or she'd call me to let me know that she was okay. Because this silent treatment was the worst. The not knowing was unbearable.

>>>>>>>

Upon waking, I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch. I got up, navigated through the moving boxes across the living room area to kitchenette. To get a drink of water. I took a cup from the cabinet, put it under the tap to the turned on faucet to fill it up. Took a swig, almost choked when I heard the phone ringing.

God ! I was so jumpy these days. I needed to get myself together. I reached for my phone, said hello.

The voice at the other end was quiet. In which was weird. So I repeated my hello, I got an answer this time. And I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It made tears come to my eyes. I wiped at them, was elated that what I hoped for came true.

I just had to get my questions met this time around. I wouldn't let her evade them once again.

" Hello ? Carrie ? This Shay. How are you ? " she asked sounding as if she was fighting back her own tears.

I then broke out in emotions once again, " Shay ! Where have you been ?! Please tell me now ! " I yelled full force into the phone.

Then suddenly I heard my door sounding like it was being cracked apart like it was a thin piece of wood. It then bursted open in a cloud of dust. I turned around to see Daniel standing there looking unhinged. Definitely not like his usual self. I immediately got up, ran into the back of the apartment. Dropping my phone in the process hearing Shayla scream into the phone. I also was screaming too as I raced into my bedroom trying to place things in front of the door as fast as I could.

And after I got everything I thought for sure would block him from getting into this room. I paced back closer to the window. Knowing if I had to jump I would. Because I was on the wrong side of the apartment for the fire escape. I started thinking that I couldn't make there for my escape plus it would take time to get it set up. So I choose to run in my room to call the police.

But I dropped the damn thing ! God I wish I would've keep my landline. I just had to let it go on the gase of me saving money, we always are using our cell phones anyways.

At this point I needed it. I jumped so hard out of my thoughts. By hearing things crashing around my place. Then the thing that I was dreading came forth...

Daniel was pushing or more like forcing his way in. With superhuman strength that was displayed earlier. But why would he be so adamant to get me to tell him where Shayla was. But this was different, it truly seemed like he wanted to hurt me.

Like he had blind rage.

And was still forcing his way in as I screamed again. Because I couldn't believe what was happening.

He made quick work of moving the dresser, all the other things that were posted in front of the door. My heartbeat quicken as he made the last effort to push the door in. I saw his leg first, screamed as loud as I could hoping that would alert someone.

He stepped into the room, looking menacing. And I closed my eyes as he inched closer. I thought to myself was this the way I was going to die. I really didn't want it to be this way...

Suddenly I hear an loud crash, my eyes flew open. To the sight of what look like Shayla on top Daniel choking the shit out of him.

" You DUMBASS BASTARD !!! You will NOT BE hurting my friend TODAY !!! " Shayla yelled as she hit him with an barrage of punches to my surprise.

I was shocked from the sight of this. I slowly got up, wondered how in the hell had she gotten here so fast. It had only been like 2-3 minutes I thought for talking to her on the phone.

How did she get so strong ? And then I remembered how that one time when her legs had miraculously healed overnight.

This was so surreal. But here she was manhandling her tormenter for so many years. And I was here for it.

When she gave him the final blow. She got up and came over to me, I still couldn't find my voice. I bet my eyes were bulging out at this very moment.

" Carrie ? Are you okay ? Did he hurt you ? " Shayla asked as she looked me over.

" Good " was all I could muster as I heard police sirens close by. In which prompted her to say...

" We have to go now, " and she put an arm around my wrist, took me towards the window, raised it.

Taking me with her as we jumped out. But could we make it ? Because we were on the top floor. And I screamed as we were falling but there wasn't any impact.

There was an shift, I opened my eyes that were conveniently shut.

WE WERE IN THE AIR !!!!

Shayla's don' had her own superhero moment !

I was so geeked off of this. People that know me. Knows I love some superhero movies, cartoons or games. So I always wanted to write an story like this.

 So I always wanted to write an story like this