The truth about things

If I didn't know any better. I'd suspect the looks on everyone's faces as folks that actually gave two shits about me.

Shayla's pov~

I was still skeptical as I was lead back into the building by the hand that belongs to Ji Soo. Because how could someone so handsome so obviously intelligent... Maybe this person should focus their attention elsewhere.

Months ago, I wouldn't believe I'd be standing next to him in the flesh. He was part of my nightly dreams, nothing more.

I must've been in my thoughts too deep. Because I didn't notice that I was in a sitting position on one of the couches in the living area. Most of the people I knew were there already had taken their seats. Hana and her older brother, I forgot his name. The smiling Jun, Jordan and Mr. Tang. And Miguel the newcomer, plenty of others.

Conversation ensued, I barely pay attention to what was being said. But I tried to make sure to listen to some of it. But I felt kind of weird like a tightness begin to build in my belly was making it way up. I didn't know what was going on. Or if everything that I was feeling, the situation at hand was making me feel this way. So I tried to focus on my breathing before I really freak out in front of dozens of people.

Continuing to breath in and out. I look down to my hands in my lap. They were glowing, I had to blink several times to figure out what I'm seeing is actually happening. And yes it wasn't going away.

I sprung up from the couch. Hoping the others wouldn't see or have noticed my plight. So I ran into the hallway to head upstairs to the bedrooms, hide out there. But it looked like that wouldn't be happening. Because of the two sets of footsteps I heard behind me.

" Shayla what's wrong ? I'm not mad at you. Please let's talk okay, " Ji Soo pleaded.

" Yeah what he said. We were all worried, " Jun said now standing in front basically blocking me from going any further.

" Jun I've got this. Just give us some alone time. Okay, " Soo said as Jun moved aside so he could stand before me now. When did I call him by this name I wonder. All the while still trying to will whatever was happening to me to stop. I looked to my hands again, they flickering like some faulty lights in a convenience store.

Even though Soo was saying things to me, trying to soothe me about not being mad, all. I couldn't look him in the eyes. My emotions right now were mess. That was initial reason why I stepped out because I felt that something was going happen. Something else entirely.

Was it something these people weren't telling me. I heard whispering around me but I confronted a person or a group on it. They'd keep their mouths shut. My last straw was one of my roommates, she let her disgust be known to me. I tried not to let her words get to me. But obviously it did especially now.

I felt the squeezing in my gut again, it rushed throughout my body until I couldn't hold it back any longer. I looked up, over my vision was cloudy. And it had an white hot tint to it as I looked around saw Soo on the ground trying to get up.

Did I do that to him ?

Deep down in my heart of hearts, I knew it to be true.

...............................

Ji Soo's pov ~

I should've known something was off when she first showed up in tow with the person we were looking for in helping in our fight. Miguel was every bit of intimidating as when I last saw him. He was one of those who didn't belong to any groups. But he would help when those would need him. He was powerful in his own right, that was power I thought I was picking up on. Because the guy did non stop training on the par with the level I'm used to even though he was just a human.

So I thought all was well as everyone gathered around. Talks of what we would do next, to put Miguel on board with everything we already planned out. I noticed that Shayla couldn't sit still. Either she was spooked at the conversation at hand. Or she had to go the bathroom.

But when she bolted up, ran away. I saw the pain in her eyes. I ran after her, Jun followed suit.

Pleading with her wasn't helping because I knew minutes were ticking back as I tried to console her. Then I started sensing sparks of power from somewhere...

And it could only be from.....

And just when my mind was putting the pieces together. I was pushed back by a force so strong. It knocked me good, I had to compose myself to get off the ground.

And what I saw Shayla floating with electrified energy swelling around her. Her eyes, you could barely see the pupils in them. I knew the elders talked about her as human to have such powers. Saying she was the one that evil sought after. But seeing it first hand was an experience to behold.

I watched in awe not knowing what she could probably do to me. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Then I heard footsteps coming towards us. And what was like a bright light that lit up the entire hallway begin to flicker then she fell to the ground.

I dashed over to her to see if she wasn't hurt just as the Master Tang came into view.

What powers does everyone think Shayla tapped into ?