She stays / Ready or not ?

I touched down in the back of the furniture store and walk through the force field. With my friend in tow.

Shayla's pov~

She'd since passed out because of the height we were flying. One moment she was asking me so many questions. And the next she went quiet. I felt guilty for not checking on her as I should have. But I had to get us back before anymore saw us.

The news wouldn't be good because it might get back to the enemy. Even though most people wouldn't have believed it. And the government would be all hush hush. Which brought me to my most recent thought. Does the world's governments know of any of this ? About the Day Dream setters or Nightmare Collectors. Or any other super powered individuals out there.

But that were questions for an later time. I had to get my friend inside to safety. I walked the familiar path towards the secret door. And the door flew open, there stood  Jisoo, Kiet and flock of others.

" I need to lie her down somewhere. Or take her to the sickbay so the doctor can check her over, " I said stepping forward with Carrie still in my arms.

In which I had to get used to. I had trouble carrying groceries. Now I'm lifting an whole human being.

" Is she alright ? " Jisoo stepped forward. And took her from me, we walked inside with all eyes on us.

Until we were to the sickbay. And he laid her down on the closest an empty bed. Then Angie comes bursting in the room.

" What happened ?! I felt unstable energy at an alarming rate. And it calmed down at bit. Shayla I thought I told you to take it easy after your training. "

" I know you did but I had to save my friend. I wasn't going to let something happen to her. I sensed it, I went there to help. And saw something that looked like my husband, " I explained.

I felt Jisoo stiffen next to me. And I definitely knew what that was for.

" You were married ! " several people said at the same time including Dr. Angie. And I turned around to see the look of astonishment on their faces.

" Yes I'm married but I left him to gain freedom from an toxic relationship. And this friend of mine stuck with me through it all. So yes I wasn't gonna leave her there to die. Even though to bring her to a place that is an secret from regular everyday humans. Please help her because I don't wanna hear about your rules ! She stays ! " I said making myself clear to those that stood around me.

_________________

Angie's pov~

Well what do we have here. The little soft spoken bird has gained her wings, is talking back.

ABOUT DAMN TIME !

" Okay. Okay I understand. Everyone make scarce so I can examine the patient. "

I said expecting everyone to leave. But they just stood there like some onlooking clowns.

" LEAVE ! " I screeched, they all either scattered or simply walked out the room.

All but Shayla. I expected as much.

" So you're gonna just stay here all day now ? " I asked.

" Yeah. If I have to. I need to know if she's alright, " Shayla replied with an serious look about her face.

That's when I could tell that this woman was special to her. It would be wrong to push her out. Especially if someone has hunted her down.

I could smell the residue on both of them. The smell of an high ranking demon seed. And not just an demon seed. That of one that become one with an whole host of seeds.

It was definitely of our common enemy. That we all training for...

Anton.

_______________

Jun's pov~

We continued to train. And also to stop some of army of minions to stop the spread of them outnumbering us.

We had to forge an special device for us to track them down faster. They were getting out of hand. Even the human news caught wind of it. Though the governments of the world were trying to downplay it.

People were either getting slaughtered or becoming an part of his army. In which made me angry of this whole ordeal.

I suggested that we needed to take the fight to it's source. But Jisoo's father and brother shot my idea down. It was crazy how they didn't go along with it. We had enough people that would join the fight.

I also pointed out that he was getting powerful by the day. Maybe it was just some hours. Even an novice has myself. Knew we should hit him while he's not so juiced up.

I was shot down once again. Because I believe that it was because I was young to many the other Collectors. I'm older than Jisoo, at almost 80 years old. And Jisoo is 32. I only call him hyung because he's an higher rank than I. He was born into this.

I respected him, his family. It's almost like I've become family. It was weird at first making that transition from my human soul to an Nightmare Collector. I've been given an second chance to do something that's right.

( Flashback to the late 1950's)

I was doing my usual past time. In which was stealing. I've been doing it for almost 16 years now.

Ducking and dodging down different alleyways, I was doing my best to run away from my latest idiot. That's what I called them because I didn't know any better back then.

I found a place to hide behind some garbage cans in one of the alleys. I was truly out of breath so this would make due.

_______

After checking a watch that I so obviously stolen. Two hours had past, I then got up had an look around.

No one seemed to be following me. But little that I knew how wrong I was.

............

I ran straight home with the medicine I had picked up for mother. I worked before but nothing would be enough to take care of her. It was me and her against the cruel world.

I stepped into our small house, took off my outer clothes because it was winter, couldn't risk catching a cold of fear I'd bring it back to my mother.

" Jun ? Is that you ? " my mother asked as she coughed also struggling to breathe.

" Yes. I have your medicine here, " I replied going to the sink filling cup of water, took it to where she was laying.

It was an sleeping mat with an worn out quilt that was routinely switched out for another of same appearance. I gave the medicine in which she could barely swallow.

As I put the cup down beside her, was about to get up.

An vicious number of knocks came at our door....

More on Jun's past in the next chapter. Hope everyone's well. Just to let y'all know this book will be ending soon. I appreciate the 49k reads 💗