Consequences and Dreams

Jisoo's pov »

When I materialized back to headquarters, I immediately collapsed into someone's arms.

I was a fool to push myself pass my limit. Even higher ranking collectors would have a hard time.

But self blame couldn't change the past. It felt like I couldn't stay away since I've come this far.

" Don't you ever do something like this again, " a familiar voice spoke.

" I'm sorry I ... " I began to say, suddenly fell unconscious.

" Hurry ! We need Wisaeng Byeong team ( Medical squad ) right now ! "

Sometime later »

In my peaceful dream state, it's was the only way I could describe it. Because of what played before me, it just couldn't be reality....

Shayla and I at that same restaurant from earlier. Eating and enjoying each other's company.

How could this be ? We collectors don't have dreams often. It's actually been a long since this has happened, years even.

Not counting the shared dream connection which I had with Shayla. I was the one that initiated those meetings in her dreams. It was kind of strange to say the least that dreaming this right now.

" Oh well I shouldn't think too much on it. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, " I thought to myself smiling back at Shayla.

Then the dream went south, I couldn't believe my eyes from the scene that was before me. An tall figure in a dark cloak dressed in all black.

Swooping in, causing an uproar of screams inside the restaurant. Then he suddenly grabbed Shayla from behind as we tried to run to the nearest exit.

Now holding her up by her neck as I watched in horror as he drained the life out of her.

And announcing, " At last, I am going to make good use of her but don't fret I'll be coming for you next, " he said laughing maliciously, dropping her lifeless body onto the floor.

Next thing I knew, I was up in bed sweating bullets from the contents of the dream I just had.

" Calm down, rest some more. Because I still don't know what the hell you were thinking by doing this Adeul ( son ). And don't think I don't know what you've been up to, you can't lie to me. I've already read you while you were sleep. "

" Well you have to know why I am doing this, I'm not stopping now Abeoji ( father ).

" Well I'll try to keep things on the low but probably tell a select few. Because I don't want to spread panic as of yet. Just keep resting, I'll see you later after I finish my mission. Love you Adeul ( son ). "

Letting out a breath as my father disappeared. I smiled to myself thinking," Why does he always have to be so mushy, I am not a child anymore. "

............................

Shayla~

I haven't had a dream about Jisoo in awhile. It was going alright but then it turned dark towards the end.....

My neck still hurts thinking about it.

And that's why I am sitting here in bed wide awake thinking, " What in the hell kinda dream was that."

I'm still shook from what happened earlier in the restaurant. It took me a long ass time to fall asleep because of that, now this.

I could only explain this as stress, they say when your stressed things can feel so real and your dreams can be interpret from things that happen in your daily life.

Maybe I did need to see an psychiatrist. I shouldn't be afraid, there's a lot of people that go to see them these days.

But if I decide to go, I wouldn't tell them too much. I mean who would believe me, the types of things I've seen and heard lately. They would lock me up and think nothing of it.

......................

3:00 am

I'm still up and bored as hell. I just couldn't fall back to sleep.

Should I call Carrie at least to let her know I'm alright ?

Or should I move on to finding work because I can't stay in this hotel, it'll drain my funds.

I just wish I had someone to talk to right now.....

Then an idea popped into mind, I should have a little drink from the mini bar. So I got up and headed over there, picked out three tiny bottles and began to knock them back.

After about an hour or so I was gone because I really wasn't a drinker. My head started to swim as I laid back on pillows. And closed my eyes for minute then opening them back.

As I adjusted them, I thought I saw that guy from the parking lot the other day.

If I'm not crazy ? What was he doing here in my room ?

I must be out of my mind. He wasn't real because he disappeared in a split second from the parking lot that day.

That's what I saw.....

Naw he can't be real, he just can't !

The alcohol played a part in me saying this or I just wanted to test something out.

" Hey ! Who are you ? What are  you doing in my room ? " my words came out incoherently.

Then it spoke back

" Wait, what ?! You can see me ? " the guy said looking surprised.

What y'all think of Hong Jong Hyun playing as Jisoo's father ?

Excuse the errors 😫

Thanks for reading 😄

Vote, comment and share ✌