His Mission

I never thought things would get this bad. I always tried to keep things lighthearted. A polar opposite of Asahad also known as Head Priest to the other disciples.

Samesh's pov~

Being told to not stay to fight kind of sting as I was only one from group who managed to get away to tell the others.

So I thought...

I rushed over when I saw one of my brethren lying injured with an broken arm, as drenched as I was. Far from the battle he must have been blown back by lightning. I could tell now it wasn't just a broke arm but some serious burns. I was one of healers in our faction that also knew various forms of martial arts.

I assess his wounds only after I was sure I was far away from the battle. Once I touch down in safe place began to heal him.

............

I tried my best to work quickly but my energy was hitting a low. And we needed to move out before we were found. As clashed closer than before Asahad began to speak.

He told me to leave as fast as I could to warn others at the DSS headquather because he has sent others of our brethren there months ago. I knew I should do as he says but I didnt want to leave him behind. He was afriend, a brother, then came memories of the two of us in seconds.....

" Samesh leave now before it's too late. You are better needed with the others. I saw, know this be true. So please GO ! " he shouted, I sprung to my feet, dash off.

As I ran I could help but turn around for last look of my dear friend, what I saw chilled me to the bone. An black cloud was surrounding Asahad as wind whipped around then in seconds more it tightly squeezed him as he yelped out in pain. And I could'nt continue to view my brother's agony any longer so I turned back around, ran as fast as I could.

.............

Running for your life takes a lot out of you. So I stopped a mile away from the building I needed so desperately to find to make it out of here in one piece. I slowed my pace with thoughts if only all of my brethen wouldve made it to this point. But I could'nt waste time because the situation was dire, I had to make haste.

I picked up my pace then began to run until I was at the huge doors of the building. I placed my medilion in the door's special lock, seconds later the doors started to open. I quickly dashed in before they were completely open when I heard a voice of an old man.

" It took you long enough. Because I've been waiting for days " He said perched up on one of the stone walls as he scratched the back of his head.

Who was this person ? I asked myself.

_____________________

Miguel's pov -

I was used to people being intimidated by me. But I was here to do my part, didn't have time to worry about the little things. I was used to the stares, the perceived notions that I was hard to talk to. But since been here things didn't go as usual.

Because these three didn't stop where others would be too scared or given up. Ji soo, Jun and Shayla.

And watching her lately gave me an new found emotion that I thought I left, had died years ago. If Ji soo was the serious type and Jun was a little silly at times but could turn on the seriousness quickly.

Shayla was something different. I could sense something stronger inside her that any of us could only dream about. And I don't think she has fully grasp of what she could do.

Just thinking about when we all sensed her power, ran outside to see her friend in her arms. Carrying her bridal style like she had the stature of myself. It was an sight to behold. I felt my face heating up just thinking about it.

She was like no other girl or woman I came across in my life time. I may look on the younger side but I was almost double her age. I couldn't be lusting after her like half the guys here. I knew she was close to Ji soo, I wouldn't want something as this to come between the two.

Then again. If I had the chance.....

STOP ! I told myself. Because we had more dire things to focus on. I had a mission just like plenty of the rest of them.

Was to train hard, rest well and eat good.

As well as take the fool down that was trying to destroy our world.

But at this moment I needed to go meditate. Could I find an empty room ? It was so many people on the compound.

.......

On the top floor where most of the rooms were. As I was walking upon the last room, hoped that I'd be allowed entry....

Because I needed this time to clear my mind. So I could be in top form. I turned the door knob, air aka air conditioning hit my face. I took a look around.

And it was empty, I breathed a quick sigh of relief. I stepped inside then closed the door. Went over to the sitting mats located in the middle of the room. Took a sit, crossed my legs then went on to close my eyes.

Next I focused on my breathing, started picturing an serene place. Maybe of an memory I thought I longed forgotten.

What is this ? I was seeing my old village. But I didn't know why. Why was my mind going to a place I wanted put in the past ?

But curiosity won out because I wanted to see what would happened next. And it did.

" Miguel what are you doing over there ? Come it's time for lunch, " I heard my mother say.

I haven't heard that voice in almost 17 years.

It brought a tear to my eyes.

I ain't gonna lie this chapter was hard to do. I wish I could back to the days when I could update things weekly. But after my granny passed I've been so messed up.

Idk why there's question marks on the banner 🤣