Continued Jun's past

Jun's pov~

( continued flashback )

" We know you're in there ! So open up before we knock this shitty ass door down ! " the person on the other side of the door yelled.

Shit ! I was screwed. It could be number of people. Loan sharks, landlord etc.

" Jun ? What's all the noise ? " my mom asked having been startled as well as I.

" Quiet Mom, " I shushed her, she gave an look.

" What have you done now ? " she said shaking her head.

" Mom just know what I did. I did it all for you. Okay, " I tried explained to her. But as soon as I was able to possibly calm her down. The door was suddenly kicked in, it fell onto the floor in front of us.

" Hey you little bastard ! You've messed with the wrong person ! Where's my money ?! " the brute of an guy stood in the hallway.

" Yeah ! You have not been paying your rent either ! It's almost 3 months ! " the rat like person of an landlord came stepping from behind the bigger man.

Coming up to my mother and I. As he wagged his finger in our faces. I thought if only I could run away to get help. They wouldn't hurt sick person. Would they ?

I devised a plan in my head, set out to go about it. I hit the big guy in the leg as hard as I could thinking that did the trick. As I was headed towards the doorway.

I was suddenly yanked back.

" Where do you think you're going ? I gonna pay you back in full for you tried to do, " the muscle head spoke coldly as put his whole hand around my neck lifting me off the ground.

" Let me Go, " I struggled gasping for air. My feet were dangling as I tried to break from his hold.

I heard my mother began to spiral into an coughing fit as she continuously called out for help. Begging and pleading for this brute to let me go. He did finally, I fell like an rag doll to the floor.

Then he began to punch me mercilessly to dismay of my mother. She cried out until I heard an thud. I looked over with blood running down my face to where it came from.

I saw her on the floor unmoving.

" MOM !!! " I cried out, by this time the guy stood back. Or I had a rush of adrenaline to make it over to my mom.

I check her over. Again and again. She wasn't responding.

" Mom ? Wake up. Please. Don't be like this. I got your medicine today. You took it already, should have worked. Mom ? Mom ? MOM !!! "

This couldn't be happening. This wasn't real. Why ? Why ? WHY ?!!!

It was going good until these fuckers showed up. So I stood up, unevenly at that to confront them.

" It's you fools faults ! You KILLED HER !!! " I ran over to one of them, wailed on them barely causing any damage.

" Get off me ! Dirty scoundrel ! " the cowardly landlord exclaimed knocking me to the floor.

I stood up again after an couple of seconds. I wiped the blood from eyes, went at the big guy, got K.O'ed before I could put up an fight.

" You DUMBASS ! What where you even trying to do ? You should just paid up, none of this would've even have to happen. Get it, " the big guy said as I heard those two footsteps leave the room.

.......

I don't know how long I had been lying on the floor on my back. I was hurting something awful. All I could do was lay here, think. Think at the age of 24.....

How weak I was. How useless I was. And most of all how it was my fault that my mom was gone.

I didn't feel good myself. I began to feel very sleepy. I was so tired, I didn't care at all what happened to me.

" Hey ? You shouldn't feel that way " a voice spoke to me. It was a voice I never heard before.

" Who are you ? " I asked.

" Oh ? My name's Tae Soo, " he replied.

" Am I dead ? Are you the Grim Reaper coming to take me ? "

" On the verge. Not quite there yet. It's outfit isn't it ? " he responded.

" So you're not the Grim Reaper ? "

" No but I can take you to a place. Where you can become stronger, have a sense of purpose. "

" Huh ? What do you mean ? " I asked truly wanting to know.

" I read your thoughts. And I can tell you... You were being super hard on yourself. Yeah you made mistakes but you were trying your best. Because of someone you loved. "

" I did. But look where it got me. My mom's dead, I didn't even get to say good bye. Now I'm dying....if you're not Ol' grimmy than...Can I go to the other side with mom now... "

" Well that's not possible " the guy named Tae Soo cut me off.

" Why ? "

" It's because she's been reborn already. So come with me, you can start over being an Nightmare Collector, " he stated.

" A what ? " I asked as I felt my body becoming lighter as Tae soo lifted me off the ground.

___________

Back to the present~

I felt someone shake me awake. And that someone was Tae Soo. Ji Soo's father.

" Hey ? Are you good ? I saw that you were training expeditiously hard earlier. You can't just train until you pass out. Do get rest sometimes Jun. " he said, walked off.

" Okay, " I replied then having an look around. I was still in one of the training rooms.

I must've sat down for a rest, went straight to sleep. In which I haven't done in a long time. Because we collectors didn't need much. But do have to at least once or twice a month.

And I even dreamt, haven't in awhile also. I haven't dreamt or thought about my first life in a long while.

I felt off for some reason. Maybe needed to eat. So I got up to head to the kitchen.

When I got there something smelled good. I opened the door, saw Shayla and her friend at the island with several plates distributing food onto each of them.

" It smells good. Can have some ? " I said making my presence known.

" Here you go, " Shayla said picking up an plate for me to take. I took it, she smiled at me.

It was just what I needed after having to experience that most awful time in my other life.

It took a long time to give you Jun's past. I've seen the comments were people was
asking about it. It's pretty sad. I cried while writing it too. ( I actually wrote this chapter before my mother had her accident. She's okay now. I was scared having witnessed it. I thank god everyday that she's still here with me. )

Thanks for the 51k reads too ❤