New people / That guy looks familiar

It looks like things are as they say. Joining forces is the only way.....

Kiet pov ~

Straighten after getting, taking out a drink from the vending machine. I then made my way to the showroom to see how Shayla's doing. But when I did I sensed an energy far from what I'd ever felt before.

Turning to see if anyone's seeing this, upon inspection I noticed Shayla standing behind the service desk in a somewhat like trance. I tried to move but couldn't. Don't know if it was the shear force of his power or just plain old fear. But I think it was a mix of both.

When I could finally move, I rushed over to her blocking her view because my sense of having to protect her.

" Hey Shay would you like a drink ? " I said carefully trying to persuade her to focus on me, her blinking putting her gaze on me fully.

" Um...Hey Kiet ? " she said as if unsure until she shook her head a little.

" Are you okay ? Here drink this and see if it helps, " I told her as the door to the store came open letting us know with ring of the electronic bell.

And to see who it was to greet them. And I took one look of the three, instantly thought....

" Nightmare Collectors. "

A lovely female, two males but one of them was eyeing me with some sort of hatred, I didn't know why. Because this was the first time I've seen him.

..........................................

Jun's pov~

We were supposed to check the perimeter but when Hyun asked to wait. I just went ahead not listening to his orders. The only that was on my mind was getting to Shayla in time.

My reasons behind this because of the story Ji Soo told awhile back. About something he saw several times while tailing her. And that thing I saw today was exactly as he described.

I told myself as I pushed the door open, I was doing this for Soo. But this beating in my chest was telling me something else. This was not good.

" We're here, can we speak to who's in charge, " Hyun spoke up bringing me out of my thoughts.

Then that guy answered by saying, " I'll go get him, " we all watched go do just that. And we all took a seat on one of the many couches in this store.

" Would anyone like a drink while you wait ? " Shayla came over to ask, while I wondered if she recognized me.

" Sure, " Soo's sister said.

" No thank you, " Hyun said a little gruffly.

" Yeah I'll have one, " I said smiling watching her go retrieve our drinks.

And vaguely hearing Hyun say, " I forgot to report in, " but didn't he remember our means of communication just got fried just minutes ago outside.

...............................

Shayla's pov~

As I got to pressing different selections of drinks from the vending machine. I got strange feeling about those three sitting out there. It only farther my suspicions about this place. Did I just walk into an criminal organization ?

Now am thinking it was foolish of me to gone along with Kiet but I need get away from Daniel and police questioning. I didn't need Daniel to know where I was staying at the time. Hell I didn't want my family to know, Much less Carrie.

I really need to call her. She's probably worried sick by now. I don't know if it was everytime I tried to call her it was always interrupted or maybe I was just making excuses. I just needed to talk to someone I knew. It's just weird around here, especially today.

And something else I noticed about one of the three. Is that one of the males looks sorta familiar. But where had that been I wondered as I squatted down to get the drinks from machine. And got back up, went to the guest that we're waiting.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

When Mr. Tang finally came to welcome his guests. They briefly began talking in English then went to speak in a language I couldn't understand.

Was it Chinese ?

I didn't know enough to even catch on to what's being said. But the blond haired one, the one that looked like someone I've seen before would speak in English from time to time. And even that didn't clue me in on what's being said. Then I decided I should just give up on it, suddenly thought this was a good time to call Carrie.

Slowly moving away, I didn't why I was doing it either. I then opted to use the phone in the lounge area for workers who stayed on site. While checking, seeing that no one was in there. I walked over, picked up the phone up dialing in Carrie familiar number.

And she picked up on second ring, I spoke an " Hello ? "

Carrie's voice came through, " Girl where have you been ? You know Daniel, some of your family are searching for you desperately. "

" Well tell them am okay. "

" Well tell me where are you so I can see for myself, " she said out of concern.

" Um.... " I paused because I truly didn't know if I should or not.

" Shay ? Why aren't you saying anything ? "

But asking me where the address was wasn't the only thing that made me pause. It was the man that just phased through the wall like some sorta ghost that had me panicked screaming then losing consciousness. And dropping the phone in the process.

Another cliffhanger 😁