Get out of your own mind

Shayla's pov-

This much is true....

I wasn't processing them well, I knew what needed to be done but the implications of what's at stake made me feel all the more terrified, anxious to the point that my anxiety could truly get the best of me.

This series of events that I have been on for the past couple of months has had my emotions in turmoil. My life wasn't your typical superhero orgin story. I was me, didn't ever truly push my fears to the side much in this vassel that is myself.

As of now I've done things that others only ever dreamed of, it was scaring the shit out of me. But if I didn't listen to certain people in my life. I would not be where I am now. And if everything that is going on now was to happen. Then I'd be shit outta luck. 

So I needed to get my head on straight, focus on the task ahead because I couldn't afford the weight that is on my psyche of what could go wrong. I probably could not live with myself if I were the one who was dead weight or the one that always needed saving because I could not hold my own. The doubt that I had for so many years had crushed me under it's thumb.

In the form of my negative influences, my parents and my ex husband. But I'm gonna throw that all away, step into my true power that I've always had . Some tried to dim it and others tried to steal it for their own selfish greed. But no more. No more...

I was thinking all these things and more as I was told had to spar with Samesh. I sized him up, seeing that we were about the same height. I watched him intently as he did the same, saw him start with his attack. I stood there to feel him out, felt  him approaching as I had my eyes closed. This was something new for me, it felt also instinctual. And just when he was about to send a blow to the left of my head.

I blocked it in time, was pushed back because of how much power the move put out. Not gonna lie it hurt a tad, I wanted to rub my shoulder but couldn't because he was slowing down. He came at me with a side kick, I was ready for that, I was sent flying across the room.

Damn ! It felt like I was sailing in the air in slow motion because I was caught off guard. I thought I was headed straight for the wall....

But I was caught by someone, that someone was.....Jisoo's father Tae Soo ?

" I think she needs an healer stat ! Her arm is a bit twisted. I believe she needs to go into breathing, spiritual exercises first. Then we'll come back to combat training last, " he stated in which I agree with too.

I only kind of rush this because we only had so little time because Aton was getting stronger by building multiple army's of his minions. So I thought I didn't have time to waste. I didn't want to be the one to hold us back if I was truly honest with myself.

" Let us go, " the elder said, I obliged with an nodded of my head as he easily lifted up into his arms, turned to walk out the room with Jisoo trailing behind us.

__________

I was placed on the bed in the bedroom were I shared with my best friend that was way nicer than the one I shared with the two other girls before. I looked around expecting to see Carrie but she wasn't nowhere to be found then a sharp pain jolted me forward in bed. The pain shot from my fingertips up my arm into my shoulder, held there. I refused to show weakness by crying out. Not knowing that I had two bystanders watching the whole time. I felt the flush come into face instantly, honey if I wasn't brown skinned I'm sure redness wouldv'e shown up on it.

" Are you alright ? " they said simultaneously rushing to my bedside to my uncomfortableness because the bed rocked as they did so.

" I'm good " I lied because I still didn't feel the blow I stopped couldn't have done that much damage.

" When is that damned healer's gonna get here ! " Jisoo's father snapped, Jisoo stood with an worried look about his face even though I could see he was trying to mask it. Seeing this I felt bit annoyed.

They were definitely treating me like I was sort of child or even an baby. I could feel that they cared for me but right now this whole situation was strange. Maybe because I didn't have this much attention about my health and well being. Not saying that Carrie wasn't there for me, thank God for that but this was different.

" I'm here. And sorry for the delay. We are pretty business today because all of the.... " the healer was saying but was cut off by Jisoo's father saying, " Okay enough with the excuses. Please heal her now. "

_________

After the healer did his thing, I thought I could rest for a bit. But no I went straight in these so called breathing exerises. When another healer and a sciencist came into my room hooking me up to many wired parts then pushing in the room this weird looking machine. It was a cross between what was clearly some sort of machinery but looked to be alive. It was even pulsating, in which I started to frown. What was all of this anyway ?

I thought it was gonna go down differently. When I was thinking breathing exercises like blowing some machine tool or underwater.

" Why the long face Shayla ? " the healer / sciencist Angie asked me with concern.

" What's all of this ? " I countered trying to sit up in bed but was gently pushed back down by none other than Jisoo.

" This is serious Shay. We can't have you getting hurt even before we begin the fight we're about to set off to, " he explained sincerely taking my hand in his rubbing, his thumb in a soft comforting motion.

" Well boys and girls let's get started, " Angie announced, the others in the room went to assigned places, I heard the machine hummed to life.

" Just breathe normally Shayla. Okay. " Angie ordered as she did one more check of the wires that were connected to me.

" Sure. " was all I could say before the machine kicked up, felt a shockwave hit my entire being.

Another one in the same month. I'm patting myself on own back. Here's to finishing this story this year ! ✨

 Here's to finishing this story this year ! ✨