Am I going crazy ?/ Training

I never felt this way in my life. I've always gotten what I wanted. Since she's left nothing's been the same.

Daniel's pov ~

I couldn't be missing her. She wasn't a ten, I could've done better. But I owed that family a lot. If only they had another daughter that was at least an eight. Shayla was barely a four.

My motivation was to bring her back because she was an embarrassment to me. The neighbors knew it, it spread to my place of work. I didn't like all these people talking about me behind my back, giving me the side eye.

Some would even say things to my face. Like I was this horrible person. I didn't beat her as one of them fools out there. What I did say was that she needed to lose weight. I loved the body she used to have but not too long after we were married she started to inflate.

If her father hadn't helped me out all those years ago. She wouldn't have a chance with me at all.

" What she needed to do. Was to die, " an voice cackled inside my head.

What the hell was that ?! I wouldn't think or go that far in my thoughts. And this wasn't the first time this has happened. It's been happening on and off for the past week now.

This one particular voice that wasn't mine. Would tell me things or say things. It was so abnormal, strange. I felt like I was losing my mind.

The nightmares were a whole nother thing entirely. These dreams would show me something awful. And the one that stands out above the rest. Was the one that looked to be the set of an Disaster Movie. The whole nine, crumbled buildings, flipped cars and a dead bodies on every corner.

What the fuck is wrong with me ? Did I need to seek help ? But I didn't want to go to a place like that. I was an man, wouldn't be a pussy ass bitch because I couldn't handle a few nightmares.

Was I five or some young child ? I could handle it. Maybe I'd go on an vacation, find me a ten. Forget all about Shayla.

" All your weak ass human self needs to do. Is find her ! And maybe I won't pull your bones out through your throat ! " that sinister voice inside my head spoke loudly.

I definitely needed to see an doctor for an evaluation, soon just to easy my mind. And to know that I'm not crazy but maybe under stress. Because the two families were breathing down my neck about Shay. Especially her bitch ass mother.

---------------------------

Jun's pov ~

Now that every skilled fighter has shown up. It's amazing how everyone has their techniques, so forth. One part of me can't wait to see what they bring to the table. Another part of me that's been in their presence for a couple of days. Were less than impressed with some their attitudes, the way they carried themselves.

The old man called Stan , the tall African American guy named Rashawn were nice enough. And we held pretty good conversations, they had easy going auras about them. But Ellesee was the most brutal of them all. In the way she used her words, in the little warm up training before the real training would begin. She didn't know the meaning of an friendly match. I guess.

And The Onno cousins, they were the total opposite of the woman. They were high maintenance. It was like we were catering to two royal princesses. Maybe it was because their family has been protecting the earth almost as longer as the African tribe that Rashawn had told me about.

*
*
*

As the days went on. More Nightmare Collectors came to join the fight. But only enough that wouldn't throw everything off balance. Worlds still needed to control the nightmare epidemic. It was crucial in the fight with that demon. He could take, use them as he sees fit. At least that's what Soo's dad told us he's done in the past. As well as other nasty, inhumane things.

I'd be lying if I didn't feel scared of this upcoming fight. I never been in or seen anything like it.

I just needed to train hard, be smart about things. Because we had a lot different folks on our side. And we would work together to get the job, put an end to maybe universe's greatest threat.

-----------------------

Shayla's pov ~

If I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes. I wouldn't believe any of this was real. People walking through walls much to my delight. People using their so called powers in front of me. Floating cutlery and plates as an simplified way of washing dishes. And zapping in at any giving moment had me jumping plenty of times.

I helped around the place. Doing what I can because I didn't want to be an burden. Even though few was nice but some wasn't. I overheard some saying something about me. I really wasn't trying to eavesdrop but I had to know.

They were saying it was my fault. But how could that be. I didn't know of things like this before. I read about them, even watched movies of these sorts of things. And dreamed.....

It kind of hurt hearing those words. I felt like the odd man out. Like I didn't belong here. Jisoo said I needed to stay so I would be protected. But I was tired of being closed in, it's been this way for much of my life until I escaped my husband months ago.

I needed to talk to him, ask him some things about what's truly going on. But everytime I want to talk he's needed elsewhere. Or our talks are brief even Jordan seems much more busy.

I just want the truth or someone to say that what those people said wasn't true. That they were lying. But deep down in my heart I knew it was true. From what I've seen from a child until now. Even though my child self refused to believe, put it all behind me.

Until recently some of it has come back in my dreams. I'd wake up screaming, others that bunked with me would try to calm me down. Eventually I'd get back to sleep but come next morning. I'd get stares.

That's why I feel like I'm the odd man out.

Maybe I should just leave.

It's getting close. The end of this book is coming to a close. Maybe in five or six more chapters. I think I might have said it before.