Duo hunters

Today I had a match but it was a duo hunter match, the thing about these matches is you get randomly matched with another hunter that is unknown whom you got matched with until the match actually starts. The only time this rule is not put into action is if you invite a hunter to do duo in your free time. Well I don't mind who I'm matched with but I really hope it's Mary. After awhile it was announced I got teamed with Ann? I don't really talk with Ann often but she seems like a kind woman. While I was preparing for the match Mary knocked on my door I said "come in." When Mary enters she sits down on my bed. I can feel her staring at my back as I'm getting ready, she sits up and hugs me from behind. I was a bit shocked but then again I don't mind, she puts her head on my shoulder, I turn my head just enough so I can see her. I chuckle at her actions as she doesn't seem like the type to do this, sadly I have to tell her to let go as I need to go meet up with Ann soon but I'd like to stay with her like this for awhile longer. After she lets go she says "good luck on your match Michiko." I smile and give her a quick hug and then I walk out to meet up with Ann.

Ann seemed to be a bit annoyed I was late but I can't blame her after all who knows how long she was waiting. Ann looked over at me and said "what took you so long?" I stared at her for a second and said "getting ready took a bit longer than expected that's all." She nods then starts petting her cat affectionately. After awhile the survivors arrived, we ended up in moonlit river park. I started to go after the gardener who, for whatever reason I see often?  She yells "The hunter is near me!" I guess to inform her teammates. After awhile of her kiting me I was able to chair her, the timer for the chair started so I decided to pursue someone else until the timer ended. I found the female dancer I believe her name is Margaretha she seemed kinda stressed out before she even realized I was there so I stopped and let her go and decided I should head back to emmas chair.

-fast forward-

The match ended and Ann said I did good, I thanked her then headed to my room. When I arrived to my room Mary was there waiting. She got up and ran over and hugged me so hard I couldn't breathe. She said "I missed you dearly." Usually she isn't like this so I'm curious as to what is going on. I replied "Mary I missed you as well but I wasn't gone that long was I?" She looked up at me with a kind of unpleased expression. I asked "my dear what's wrong?" She rolled her eyes and said "am I not allowed to miss you even if you were gone for a short amount of time?" I panicked and started saying whatever came to mind "WELL OF COURSE NOT IM NOT SAYING THAT AT ALL! I WAS JUST WORRIED IF SOMETHING HAPPENED I DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING LIKE THAT-" she cut me off by laughing and she said "no need to panic so much Michiko it was a joke."

Embarrassed I just looked down in defeat. She laughed at this as well, she chuckled and said "Michiko you are so adorable." With that she kissed my cheek, I was in shock for a minute and all I could manage to say was "oh." And again more laughing. I started to laugh with her until I realized she stopped laughing and she was just staring at me, confused I asked "what's wrong?" She stared me directly in the eye and said "you are so beautiful it astounds me." I just smiled and said "again with the flattery?" She suddenly got very serious and replied "you do know whatever I say to you, I mean all of it right?" With that she sighs and goes over to my door, I stop her from opening it and she turns her head to face me. With her gaze on me I can't help but get a bit embarrassed so I look down. I don't know why I'm so embarrassed after all I've been complimented many times but this feels different, maybe it's because it's from her. I say "Mary I don't understand many things when it comes to us. But all I know is I never want to leave your side." I peek up at her and she seems shocked by my words. I pull her over to me and hug her as tightly as she hugged me when I came back. She looked at me and then kissed me. When we pulled away I smiled larger than I ever have before. I know that even if the whole world doesn't like me Mary always will.