Arguments and confessions

As I walked down to Mary's room I felt very timid yet also calm? I ended up at her door and started to panic. What if she didn't want to see me after I ran out so rudely or what if she isn't available right now?!? That's when her door opened. She seemed like she was about to go somewhere but last I checked she doesn't have matches today so I wonder where she is headed. Without thinking I quickly said "where are you headed?" And she stared at me very confused as to why I was at her door. She then answered me in a seemingly angry tone "why do you care?" Since she hasn't treated me like this in awhile I'm sure everyone can tell I was shocked. I said "I'm sorry for earlier I didn't mean to seem rude." She said "well can you move I'm not in the mood to speak to you at the minute." With that she walked away and left me feeling upset in a way I've never felt before.

~Mary's POV~

After earlier I felt really upset. I can't believe I said something so forward to her. For all I know she could hate me for this but maybe she already forgot about it I hope that's the case... to be honest I actually don't. I wanted her to stay, I wanted her to say she was happy with my answer or something of the sort. My biggest regret is I said that to her knowing she had a husband who she still loves even now. Maybe I was hoping for more but what did I expect not like she'd get that I feel this way. Maybe she thought it was a friendly thing to say. But what if she knew I was interested in her I don't want a repeat of last time. Never do I want that to happen again. I decided I should go to the garden I want to go look at the red roses in the garden. Red wasn't my color it only happened to be after my death some say red could be a color of anger, others say it signifies love. Either way they both cause hurt...

I decided I should go get ready so I didn't look bad when heading to the garden after all I have a look to maintain as a queen. As I opened my door though Michiko was there, she said "where are you headed?" And I don't know what came over me but I just got so annoyed and replied "why do you care." As she went on I just got more frustrated. After I walked past her I felt a horrid pain. I realized the reason I said what I did was because of how bad I was hurt from earlier and I know she doesn't deserve that but I couldn't help it.

~back to Michikos POV~

I don't understand why she acted like that but then again I never really understood Mary. I barely know about her past or where she comes from. But I want to understand her. I don't want her to hate me nor do I want her to stop talking to me, she's been there for me many times so far. So maybe I should check what's up with her but for now I'll give her time to cool down since she doesn't seem too happy to see me.

~two hours later~

Okay!!! I've decided to go see her now although I might be a bit anxious I want to know what's wrong with her. I headed to her room and knocked on the door, after a second or two however, The door flung open and she was standing there crying? I asked "oh dear are you ok what happened?" She replied "I just missed you, I felt really bad that I had yelled at you the way I did I never meant to be that rude."  I sat down on her bed and patted the spot beside me as a way of saying sit beside me. She sat down and then quickly hugged me. I felt my heart race as she was hugging me, I hoped she didn't hear my heartbeat as she sat there hugging me. She then pulled away and she looked at me and said "what if I said I liked you?" I answered "well of course I'd say I liked you back we are friends after all?" She said "not like that.". I mean she couldn't have meant it like the other thing so I asked "what do you mean then?" She then said "I'll show you." And she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed heavily, she looked at me once more and said "well?" I couldn't think properly and said "I- I'm not sure but maybe?" She seemed confused I explained "Mary you know I had a husband I loved him dearly but, With you I feel the way I felt around him. Always happy never upset and you comfort me whenever I feel upset which miles couldn't do as he had work often." I paused for a moment and said "give me some more time maybe?" Mary jumped up and started squeezing the little bit of life I had left in me out. She had the biggest smile and said "it's not a no at least!!" I chuckled a bit and hugged her back but more gently as I told her "Mary I can't breathe-".