Matches...

Mary POV

I wake up and look over to see her peacefully asleep beside me, I can't help but smile at how lovely she looks. To be fair she always looks lovely to me, no one can compare to her in my eyes. I see her start to open her eyes she quickly squints because of how bright the sun is shining. I find myself smiling more and more whenever she's near me, she's always brightening my mood I hope she feels the same when I'm near her. She looks over to me and says "Good morning hun." I assume she just realized what she said as her eyes widened and she just went quiet for a minute of course I started to laugh at her reaction which caused her to snap out of it and she seemed super embarrassed after that.

Michikos POV

After that embarrassing incident I realized what time it is and remembered that I had a match to attend and quickly rushed out of bed to get ready as Mary sat there confused why I'm suddenly running around the room trying to get ready. As soon as I was ready I headed out the door. When I made it to the matching room I saw Embalmer, Mercenary, Enchantress, and Prospector. Which means I'm definitely not gonna win this one at best a tie but I don't really care about winning as much as I used to. Of course we just had to get Eversleeping Town, I can't stand this area as it is very similar to the town I lived in with miles. I see images of myself around this town taking a walk down the street I can see a very realistic image of my past self dancing for everyone to see it reminds me of how happy and naive I looked. I decided not to focus on that and try to focus on my current task which was at least managing a tie, when I down enchantress two ciphers get popped and by the time she's fully out one cipher remains. I quickly down Norton but not quick enough as he get back up survivors can open the gate now, but before he makes it out I managed to get him down and with that I successfully managed a tie.

As I head back from my match I'm just wondering why out of all places did it have to be there. And am I really all that different then how I used to be? I try not to focus on those thoughts as I make my way toward my room and I see Mary is in there waiting for me and I fell back a bit as she jumped up to hug me "welcome back my dear." I can't help but blush a bit about this nickname she gave me. "W- well thanks for waiting for me but how long were you waiting? I'd feel bad if you waited in here the entire time I was out." She just shook her head then said "no no I was socializing with the others but that tired me out a bit so I decided I'd lay here and wait for you." I smiled and plopped down on the bed sighing "it was rough out there. Patricia and Norton kited me for so long..." she chuckled a bit at my behavior but sat down beside me patting my head as I told her about how the match went down.

I must've passed out after a bit cause I ended opening my eyes and it was pitch black in my room all I could see was Mary's face beside me. I gave her a small kiss on the forehead which I saw a slight smile on her face but then she rolled over with that I decided to get up for a minute to get something to drink. On my way I saw Violetta who said a quick hello we had a small chat then headed different directions. After I had gotten my drink I went to lay back down with Mary and slowly drifted to sleep.