Game rules

"The game is simple.
Don't let anyone escape or you lose.
Good luck."

That was the message everyone received this morning. Some seemed confused and others looked excited, that man with blades for fingers seemed ecstatic. I glanced at Violetta and she seemed calm and prepared, in fact she quickly ran off to her room to get ready as if she this was a performance. None of this makes sense, who can't escape? What is "the game" and what happens if you lose? As usual I'm left with more questions than answers about this place.

When I went back to my room there was another letter left by my door, after opening it there was a small note. written on the note was a tip it read:
"Some of us have another side we try to keep hidden, you won't have to hide soon enough."

While this is worrying, some part of this game does sound intriguing in a twisted way. Nothing in this place makes sense but I need the distraction, sitting around in my room with nothing to do gets old quick, you start to lose count of the days. At least this is something to do and it'll give me a chance to go home to Miles.

When heading back to my room to put the note away someone shoves into me. I don't even have to look up to know who it is.

"Excuse me stitches, could you maybe watch where you're going?"
She's been bothering me since her arrival.
she's expecting an apology or something from me but she won't get it, I have nothing to apologize for.

"You were in the way, what else was I supposed to do?" She enters her room and shuts the door before I can say anything else. That woman needs to get over herself, she can't treat everyone like this.

Once entering my room a sigh of relief slips out. Something about this space has become comforting, nobody can bother me in here and I'm able to rest.

Getting up is a challenge even if it's been months since I came here, my body continues to ache. The hardest part is walking. you'd think that after dying things would be peaceful and you'd stop hurting but that's not the case. Everything here works strangely, you feel the pain you felt in real life but besides that nothing else is there. My memories seem hazy and the only things I can truly remember is Miles and my death.

-Mary's point of view-

Honestly I don't know why that girl gets under my skin. I've tried talking to the other people here but she's different from them, they don't seem normal? I should've been more patient with her but when we first met my mind was all scrambled and can anyone truly blame me? She looks dead. It's not like I said she was ugly she just doesn't look alive anymore. Maybe it's a sensitive topic or whatever but she had no right to say I looked just as bad.

No one has ever called me ugly so why did this girl think she could do that? I'm not used to this kind of disrespect so perhaps that's why I keep acting this way towards her. Most people would get over something so small but I am not most people.

When I sit down at my vanity and run a brush through my hair she comes to mind once again. Her hair looks nice. Something about her irritates me. When I pick up my perfume all I can think of is how badly she reeks of alcohol mixed with a nice citrusy scent.. Everything about her is strange and she's a complete mystery. I even tried asking others about her but they had nothing in particular to say.

No more thoughts of that woman.

I lie down looking up at the small chandelier dangling from the ceiling. The one good thing about this place is my room, it's well decorated. There's a vanity equipped with high class products, a chandelier, the bed has the nicest pillows and blankets, the sheets are made of silk, and this room even came with a walk in closet filled to the brim with dresses. It's perfect oddly enough.

I don't like it here yet don't feel the need to leave, at some point I've adjusted to this situation. Why is that?

Something about this is off putting. I should be worried yet I'm not. Others would feel a sense of dread but that's not the case. Then again I've never been the type to worry. Most things come easy for me without struggle, perhaps that's the reason for lack of concern. Surely I'll find a way out.

- Michikos point of view -

He follows me, I'm not sure how else to describe it. Wherever I am it's like he's there lingering. I long for him in a way that's hard to put into words, Miles was my everything. Whatever I did he insisted we do together, even the simple things like getting ready in the morning.

The first week here was like hell.
My husband was nowhere near me and I was unsure if he knew what happened to me. I barely remember what happened to me until my body starts aching as if I've been chopped into bits. This manor has drinks so I fell into my old habits, just to take my mind off things.

By the third week things started to change. My mind felt scrambled, I fell into a routine and I was on autopilot. I spent most of my time drinking and sleeping, while I could have done something more useful or efficient, like finding a way home, I was too drained. Whenever I slept my dreams were haunted with my death or my husband. Acting fine and put together is easy but actually feeling that way is not.

Memories come to mind and I break. All I do is break.

By the second month the days started to blur together, I lost count of how long I've been gone- dead. When Mary joined the manor she was the only thing that really kept me on track. She bothers me constantly and in a way I needed that pestering. It makes me feel grounded, as if some part of me is still alive. If this is the one thing I can hold onto then so be it.