a message before we start!

so i hate this book.

i can't tell you — it literally haunts my dreams.

it's cringe, badly written and a literal mess idek. it's just bad LMAO.

i am so grateful for the love and support that this book has received, but when i originally wrote this, i had near-to-no experience with fanfics. i didn't know how to structure them, let alone write them, and i regret not properly planning this book out.

i would love to edit this completely, not changing any major plot lines, just in my much improved writing style that i am a lot prouder of. that being said, i am quite swamped with my other fics that i would much rather focus on. so these updates will be slow, but i'm sure worth it by the end.

saying that, i do appreciate the support more than anything, but i'm a real person with real feelings. i know this fic is shit, i really fucking do, better than anyone trust me, but sometimes i get comments that are SO unnecessary. if you hate y/n and some of the decisions she makes, move on and get on with it. either continue reading or just leave. because not all of your opinions need to be shared.

i have always wanted a cedric book that i can proudly call my own. sadly, this one is not it.

i am currently TRYING to edit this, but im starting to lose hope in saving it.

another thing i would like to mention is the toxicity that has arose in the harry potter fandom. i am honestly disappointed in the amount of racism, prejudices, and general disgusting things that have been said towards poc hp creators on places like tiktok. this was our childhood and it's sad to see what it has become. as a white and privileged teenager, it sickens me to see how certain people in this fandom treat others. not to mention the creator of this universe we all know and love, is a horrible and disgusting person.

i don't plan on leaving the hp fandom any time soon because it was such a huge part of my life, and helped me in ways i'm sure a lot of you can relate to, but can we all be nice?? respect others works, acknowledge that some people like some ships that you don't agree with, and just be one happy family???

this book brought me a lot of joy when i was writing it, but now, like i said, it haunts me x

if you are a new reader, i'm assuming this put you off reading, and that's okay! but i guess i could argue that there are some good elements to this book aha.

thanks again for the support and stay safe, get some sleep, eat a cupcake and have some water !! <3

( gif by siIksonic ! )