𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

"How could you?" Spencer had paraded towards me. My face went pale and confused. Just then, a sharp pain took over my face. She had slapped me.

"I-I don't know what you're-"

"Oh of course you know! You know exactly what!"

"Spence, I really don't."

"Oh so we're playing all innocent now? I guess I'll have to remind you then. You asked Adrian to the ball!"

"I'm not following."

"You knew I liked him didn't you?!"

"What?" I shook my head in defence.

"Yes you did. But I guess you have to everything for yourself don't you? Miss Slytherin queen. Y/N Y/L/N."

Words left me. I stared into those bright blue eyes burning with anger, and my heart fell silent. What had I done? The guilt sat not on my chest but inside my brain. What I had done I knew I could not un-do.

"Honestly, Spence, I had no idea. It was an impulse thing. After Cedr-"

"Oh of course you have to make this about him. You always do. It was Cedric this and Cedric that. You know, it might be for the better that you two aren't together anymore. He must have really brought out the best in you, because now, everyone can see the true person that you are: a narrow-minded, self-centred slut. And you always were right, his reputation was seriously injured when you stepped into his life. Maybe if you had woken up and realised who your real friends were, you might have some left."

It felt as though I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe. That I was drowning and being pushed under, deeper and deeper into this sea of torture. Except, everyone around me was, breathing. "A true friend?! Is that what you are being right now?"

"Well you definitely weren't!"

"Is this seriously how you felt? All this time?" I turned to Ava, who was fumbling with her fingers next to Spencer, "Av?"

She didn't reply and stood in silence. It was Spencer who answered for her, "don't bring her into this."

"Look, Spencer, I-I'm sorry."

"I don't want your apology, Y/N! You know, people say that Diggory changed you. But you're still just that selfish bitch that I used to be friends with."

Those words cut me like a knife and suddenly I was alone. Not technically though. Of course wherever I went, a crowd seemed to follow. A while ago that would have felt great. But right now, I didn't need all the eyes on me.

•·················•·················•

"Hey, it's Y/N right?"

These were the first words anyone had spoken to me in around two days. Hermione and Adrian were about the only people I had left. And well Will, if he counts. Hermione had her own problems, helping Harry and frankly it made me feel even worse and even more guilty if I said a word to Adrian.

I turned around to be greeted by a petit Ravenclaw. She had fair, light skin and silky dark hair. A fifth year: Cho Chang. I could see why Cedric apparently liked her: she was beautiful. Even more reason to hate myself right now. "Cho."

"I hope it's okay that Cedric and I are going to the Yule ball together?"

"Of course, why wouldn't it be?" I said sternly, like usual, covering up any other emotions trying to reveal themselves behind my confident portrayal.

"Oh right, well I just thought-"

"Look Chang. You're probably the last person I want to talk to right now, if I wanted to talk to anyone that is. So it would be fabulous for you to leave me the fuck alone." I turned to the people around me, "and that goes for everyone." I scowled. "You have fun at the ball, Cho. You two look great together." I strutted off, the confidence in me looked like it was regaining itself from the outside, but inside was a completely different story.

"He really liked you, you know." she called back to me. I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't turn back. No. I was walking away. Something I did best. With one large breath in, I continued doing so, pushing aside the information she had just told me, telling myself not to believe it.

That barrier had been rebuilt, even stronger this time. Since Cedric wasn't there, I went back to my old self. A Slytherin trying to hide her true emotions, in an attempt to try and convince herself they weren't there at all.

•·················•·················•

im so mf sorry.