𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ"

"Shouldn't they be out by now?"

Cedric and Harry had been in the maze for around an hour and were shortly followed by Krum and Fleur afterwards. The sky was darkening and with each passing second they weren't out of this death trap, my mind had flown to conclusions and my feet tapping on the stands got quicker and quicker.

I know I had said I wasn't worried, but in all honesty, I was nervous. Anything could happen in these tasks. I didn't know what to expect. Not only was the maze uncharted to the four champions facing it, but to everyone watching.

"They'll be out soon, Y/N. It's okay." Anthony reassured me.

That's when a second, bright red spark shot from the maze and flew high into the night air, causing a few gasps to echo through the stadium. The crowd's eyes floated up as they all watched the cry for help soar higher and higher and eventually drift down back towards its source. My head was now considering everyone situation whoever sent it was in. Was it Cedric? Why did he send it? Is he okay?

There had been one earlier from this one, which we soon found out Harry sent in order to get help to Fleur, who was carried out from the maze by the professors, after she was almost swallowed up by the branches.

"Who sent that? Do you think it was Cedric? Oh god, is he okay?" I had stood up now, but Ava grabbed my hand to calm me down and gestured for me to return to my seat.

"Y/N, he's okay, I promise. Please sit down."

I looked at her longingly, before nodding and taking my seat. I wasn't sure if I believed her, but it's all I could do for now. It's all I could do from the outside.

It had been about ten minutes since the professors had gone in to locate whoever sent the spark. I had been sitting anxiously since then, biting my nails; something I never do.

"Y/N, stop biting your nails; it's such a bad habit." Spencer said to me.

"I know, but I can't help it."

"Hey, look." she smiled, pointing to the front of the arena, where the entrance was now separating and the fern leaves were opening to reveal Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape, both of their arms wrapped around a boy in the middle. It was Cedric.

He was covered in dirt and his hair was sloppy with sweat. He was panting for breath and was trudging his feat forward, whilst desperately clinging onto the two men for support.

I abruptly stood up. "It's Cedric." I sighed with relief, released of all tension, "he's okay."

"No cup though." Anthony pointed out, he too now standing up.

"I don't care." and with that I ran from my seat, down the steps and threw my arms around him. "You're okay. Thank god you're okay."

He laughed at how worried I was, but soon warmed into the embrace and wrapped his arms around my waist, "of course I am. I told you I would be." I pulled away before showering him with kisses on his lips and cheeks, causing him to chuckle again and blush slightly.

"The spark. Did you send it?"

"Yeah..."

He looked, almost worried and I looked around to see Amos, Dumbledore and Snape. "Harry. Where's Harry?"

"That's the thing. I found the cup first and then Harry did. We both went after it, but I tripped and he saved me. I then let him take the cup, but he disappeared."